Ls/Vtec, wat kind of ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

doubleE

okay, I'm running a LS/VTEC setup in my 94 integra. The Vtec head is a B16A Sir2 with stock internal and intake maniford, and the block is a 96 ls block with Eagle rods and b16a sir2 pistons. With this setup, what kind of ecu should i run? One of my friend told me that skunk p28 chipped ecu is not good. So, in this case, what should I do? any suggestion would help.. thankx..

get a socketed/chipped p28, and have it TUNED & rechipped.
I got my socketed/chipped p28 for $150; cheap solution.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jun 1 2005, 12:27 PM
agreed. p28, socketed and run uberdata.
[post=506025]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

The best would be one that is tuned to that motor.

Originally posted by doubleE@May 31 2005, 06:55 PM
the block is a 96 ls block with Eagle rods and b16a sir2 pistons.
[post=505802]Quoted post[/post]​

How the fuck did you pull that off? Eagle rods use a floating wrist pin and B16 pistons use a clip. I'd like to know how you got that one to work....

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jun 2 2005, 11:07 AM-->
@May 31 2005, 06:55 PM
the block is a 96 ls block with Eagle rods and b16a sir2 pistons.
[post=505802]Quoted post[/post]​

How the fuck did you pull that off? Eagle rods use a floating wrist pin and B16 pistons use a clip. I'd like to know how you got that one to work....
[post=506831]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, I don't know about that, but it worked. the machine shop took care of that for me. Anyway, since the head is basically stock, I planned to run a stock p30 is that okay? o one more question, can I run a ls throttle body with a b16a maniford? just wondering because my b16a throttle body is kind of bad.. Will there be any different in power? thankx..

The stock P30 WILL work, but I would still get some sort of tuning device. You should adjust your fuel map because you are not running a B16, it's a totaly different motor.

I still want to know how your machine shop pulled off the wrist pin magic. I bought aftermarket rods for my CTR pistons and my machine shop told me there is no way to make it work. :shrug2:

I am planning on building a second block for a later install(in bout a) month and I am also using SirII pistons with new rings, which rods do I have to get, I definitely want to upgrade though because my lsvtec right now is bone stock bottom and top and I want reliability and power.

So all in all which rods fit which pistons fit which crank and so on and so forth...

Back