LS Vtech Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh what kinda camshafts and cam gears do you guys think would work very well with a LSV..
i was thinking about buying the skunk2 pro stage 2 camshafts...and for the cam gears just get like the aem adjustable ones..

You said in your first post you have a CTR Ecu, you might wanna get cams with similar lift/duration as thats what the ECU is setup for.

actually i heard that the civic type r ecu cannot be chipped....and im looking for somewhere around 230 - 250 hp....

and yeah i have 2 questions....what kinda axels do i have to use for my 94 civic hatch with 94 ls block....i bought integra ls axels but they look too short compared to my stock civic axels...second question is does anyone know how to test where my redline is cuz after swaping i have no idea when my car redlines.

the only deff about the gsr head and type r is the the cams the gsr is the best flowing head that honda makes for the b series

so if i were to get bigger fuel injectors i know that i'll need a new fuel pump..but would i also need a fuel regulator?

the only deff about the gsr head and type r is the the cams the gsr is the best flowing head that honda makes for the b series

No its not. The B16 and GSR flow numbers are nearly identicle. The Type R is the best flowing factory head.

Cams need to fit with the rest of your build. You gotta have a pretty complete parts list and a solid goal to really pick the best cams.

230-250 crank or wheel? with what you've listed you wont even make 200 whp.

There are quite a few idiots in this thread... that's for sure.

Gettin the engine tuned properly is the best idea you've been advised of. PERIOD. You wont get shit out of anything if its not tuned properly.

The only benefit a Type R head has over a B16 is: "better" LMA's, Dual Valve Springs, hollow valves and lighter retainers not to mention the light port work it has from the factory.

If you can get the type R head fairly cheap, get it. That doesnt mean you can rev your LSVTEC to 9,500 safely though.

What are you doing for pistons/rods?

The only benefit a Type R head has over a B16 is: "better" LMA's, Dual Valve Springs, hollow valves and lighter retainers not to mention the light port work it has from the factory.

Wasnt there a thread in here that killed the myth about the LMA's?

Did you not notice "better" in quotations? At any rate they're physically different. Have you ever seen B16, GSR and ITR LMAs next to each other?

I did notice that, but why the hell would you put that in a list of reasons why the ITR head is better?

Nope, never had an ITR head to take apart and look at. And since ITR LMA's arent any better I never bought any to replace the ones I had.

There isnt a thread that says they are the same. I thought there was one that said there is no advantage to runnin the ITR ones. Thats why I asked. The thread is either here or on b20vtec.com.

actually i heard that the civic type r ecu cannot be chipped....and im looking for somewhere around 230 - 250 hp....
99-00 can be done, its just more difficult.

You don't need a "Type RRRRR" ECU to run that map.

230-250 hp all motor is not going to happen unless you have some extremely deep pockets. Much more easily done turbocharged/supercharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back