LS_VTEC vs. c5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

ok, my question is, I never drove a LS_VTEC, and what I am wondering is, how better is a LS vtec than a c1, I think, I know that a gsr is more reliable, but a ls has little bit more torque, so ok, who would win in a race like that,

a LSVTEC with Si head and Si tranny, in a DC2 boddy

a GSR with a Si head, and a GSR tranny, in a EM1 (civic si 2000)

or a regular GSR, in a DC2 (my car)

all of them are basically stock, only bolt ons, like header intake, exhaust,

the reason I am asking that is, one guy has a LS VTEC set up with si head and gsr tranny and he sais that he will walk on c5, or c1 easilly, so did somebody race one, can somebody tell me the difference in terms of performance,

oh eah, and I know the LS has like 1820cc, or something like that a c1 block has like 1790cc, I am not sure on the numbers,

ok, so help me out on this one,

we gonna race, but not now, cuz theyr cars are not readdy yet, but they talk shit, that they gonna beat all the type Rrrrrrr'zzz out there, what you think?

oh, yeah and if somebody tuned up a LS vtec what are the h/p numbers on these things, a stock one, I mean no turbo nothing like that,

You can't predict those things. A lot of it comes down to driving ability and other factors. I mean hell if I had a chevy 454 under my teg I would stop every one exept the fact that my all season tires would just spin as any other car with traction kick my sorry @$$.

Given the same driver?

I think a properly built LS/VTEC could take an ITR in a straight line, but not by too much. In the twisties, however, the ITR would shine and leave the poor little LS/VTEC DC2 a little butt hurt afterward.

So in other words, you better hope either A- you're a better driver or B- their motor blows. Properly built? LS/VTEC ownz j00!

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Mar 8 2004, 08:32 PM
Given the same driver?

I think a properly built LS/VTEC could take an ITR in a straight line, but not by too much. In the twisties, however, the ITR would shine and leave the poor little LS/VTEC DC2 a little butt hurt afterward.

Why do you say that?

Why do you think c5 will be so much better than a ls/vtec on an autocross course?

:blink:

dood, just race and get it over with allready. quit wasitng eveyones time with all the WHAT IFS

comparing both it would seem that the ls bottom will yield more hp and tq figures only due to the increase in displacement.

So, if both drivers launched exactly the same, both had the same 60fts, and reaction, with both motors running the same tranny, oil, ecu "timing maps and ignition maps", and both drivers and cars weighing the same, then I would guess the ls bottom would be ahead by a hair.

There are far too many variables to take into consideration, but the LSVTEC motor if built right will produce great figures for long periods of time.

so it basically comes up to the "sealing" betveen the steering whell and the sit, :) it's all about the driver now, I see,

thaanks yo..

and yeah how you get your pictures in here,

Originally posted by SolReaver+Mar 8 2004, 06:01 PM-->
dohch22a4
@Mar 8 2004, 08:32 PM
Given the same driver?

Why do you say that?

Why do you think c5 will be so much better than a ls/vtec on an autocross course?

:blink:

I'm talking abount an actual ITR versus an LS-VTEC swapped RS/LS/GS.

stock for "stock", driver for driver, traction for traction, environment for enviroment, wind for wind, the ITR will walk an LS/VTEC.

LS/vtec's 'stock' have like 9.4:1 compression
ITR has 11.1:1
ITR has larger cams than a b16 head
ITR has better intake manifold than a b16 head
ITR revs higher than a b16 head
ITR has an ecu matched to its motor with proper maps
ITR has a better geared tranny than an LS
ITR has an LSD

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Mar 8 2004, 08:18 PM
the reason I am asking that is, one guy has a LS VTEC set up with si head and gsr tranny and he sais that he will walk on c5, or c1 easilly

i got a c5 for ya
i have beaten all except one ls/vtec's that i ran no problem, but he was spraying

Back