Lsd Cable Tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ractive78

Are their any lsd cable b series trannies? Im trying to decide on a tranny and I was wondering, what other tranny would have close gear ratios like the ITR? I would like it to be cable

It depends on which YS1 you are talking about. There are at least 2 different version (3 if it came with a factory LSD). But yes, you can get cable trannys from the Integra XSi that came with an LSD from the factory.

you can also get the hydro itr internals and put them into ys1 casing w/ the lsd needs to modify a little but fits nicely also will need a hydro clutch disk

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 4 2003, 12:29 PM
It depends on which YS1 you are talking about. There are at least 2 different version (3 if it came with a factory LSD). But yes, you can get cable trannys from the Integra XSi that came with an LSD from the factory.

XSi never came wih LSD...it wasn't an option...it did come with a b16 tho :D

I must have been misinformed, thanks for the correction.

Anyway, I don't think the Hydro ITR internals will fit a cable bell housing. At least the Acura dealer that I asked informed me that they would not. Have you actually done this?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 4 2003, 05:41 PM
I must have been misinformed, thanks for the correction.

Anyway, I don't think the Hydro ITR internals will fit a cable bell housing. At least the Acura dealer that I asked informed me that they would not. Have you actually done this?

it's ok...up to about a year ago...i didn't even know what an XSi was :blink:
as far as the hydro internals go...i wouldn't do that...just go get a b16 tranny with lsd...check through the inside and see if you could see sraight through where the axles go...if you see a bar...no lsd...if you see straight through...you got lucky! also..just get a b16 cable tranny and get the phantom grip lsd...it isabout $250 and i hear it's pretty decent

the hydro conversion cost me nothing a guy i knew blew tranny took out input shaft and ring gear i robbed a input shaft off a newer b16 tranny which was the same bought a new ring gear for the type r from honda aobut150 bucks shaved the casing a little to fit the diff and presto itr cable tranny. need to use a hydro clutch disk though

Why would a hydro clutch disc be any different from a cable? For instance I am running a 2001 ITR clutch in my 93 Integra. It fits fine. The only B series tranny that uses a different size clutch disc (to the best of my knowledge) is the 90-91 YS1 from the B18A1.

yes that is correct 88-91 came smaller input shaft 92- newer bigger input shaft. you cannot use a 88-91 clutch disk on a newer 92-93 cable tranny it wont fit. the 92up is essentially a hydro clutch disk

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 4 2003, 11:51 PM
Why would a hydro clutch disc be any different from a cable? For instance I am running a 2001 ITR clutch in my 93 Integra. It fits fine. The only B series tranny that uses a different size clutch disc (to the best of my knowledge) is the 90-91 YS1 from the B18A1.

So the Type R Clutch, flywheel, pressure plate will fit my YS1 GSR Tranny From Japan?

I think it came out of a XSI it came with Interga Axels and PR3 OBD1 ECU!!

Back