Lsd Transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericmugen

My friend buy a JDM GS-R motor and transmission but how i know if this transmission have LSD?

You have to drop the tranny and check if theres an LSD in it, or try doing a burnout and if one wheel doesnt spin then you know theres no lsd.

If it was an OE LSD then it will be stamped on the tranny. Also you can just lift the front end of that car up and if you spin one wheel and the other spins, then you have a LSD

if you haven't installed the motor... just look at the holes on the tranny where the axles go into... if its gota LSD then you will NOT be able to see through to the other side... if you see rite through... in and out the other side... no LSD.

Originally posted by bucketSol@Jan 7 2003, 09:03 PM
if you haven't installed the motor... just look at the holes on the tranny where the axles go into... if its gota LSD then you will NOT be able to see through to the other side... if you see rite through... in and out the other side... no LSD.

actually, if you can see all of the way through, then you have an lsd equipped tranny. If there is a "rod" in the tranny, no lsd.

I know that making a burnout I will know if the transmission have LSD but the transmission was not mounted.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 7 2003, 08:52 PM
If it was an OE LSD then it will be stamped on the tranny. Also you can just lift the front end of that car up and if you spin one wheel and the other spins, then you have a LSD

Actually, it has to spin in the same direction, if it spins in the opposite direction, then you dont have LSD

on the topic of lsd's, will someone explain to me how they work? and y they r so good?

real limited slips will adjust what tires need how much of the power, like lets say your going straight each wheel will get 50/50, but lets say your going left, the left wheel doesn't need as much power as the right, so your power distribution will change too 40/60 lets just say.... that's the general idea... i'm not gonna get too in depth with it because i'm sure there are people on here that have done alot more reasearch on it and can explain it better.

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 7 2003, 11:47 PM
real limited slips will adjust what tires need how much of the power, like lets say your going straight each wheel will get 50/50, but lets say your going left, the left wheel doesn't need as much power as the right, so your power distribution will change too 40/60 lets just say.... that's the general idea... i'm not gonna get too in depth with it because i'm sure there are people on here that have done alot more reasearch on it and can explain it better.

is lsd the best tranny out there and is there any for automatics or is there better one's for b16a automatics. :worthy:

Back