lsd...what brand

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

powerdriverh22

I know that kaaz and quaife are at the top of the food chain when it comes to lsd's but how do other brands stack up such as:

phantom grip
obx
any others

which ones work best???

im going all motor with about 300whp

the cheap ones just lock the spider gears... so all they are really any good for is straight line
not too sure how much power they will hold though
the real ones will obviously be better

im not into drag racing so someone else will have to help you out here :)

i would go with the Quaife
when my OEM one in my ITR tranny decides to shit the bed i will be replacing it with a Quaife

If this is going to be a dedicated track car then weld your differential. Keep in mind that this makes your car totally unstreetable.

Keep far away from Phantom Grip. If you decide on PG, toss that idea out the window and just weld the diff as Cash suggested. Same result, no cost.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 31 2005, 01:15 PM
Keep far away from Phantom Grip. If you decide on PG, toss that idea out the window and just weld the diff as Cash suggested. Same result, no cost.
[post=547881]Quoted post[/post]​

what is wrong witht he pg? does it just lock in the spider gears?? i read something some where and it said that it acted as a locker.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 29 2005, 11:40 PM
straight line only?
or road course autoX type stuff?
[post=547106]Quoted post[/post]​

Not to thread jack, but what will make the difference between the two setups?

I've heard nothing but good things about Quaiffe LSDs, and I'll be into both straight line performance and autocrossing eventually. I'd like to get the best of both worlds.

I have a Y1 XSI tranny with no factory limited slip, I was burning my right tire down to a slick every 3 months. I shilled out the what was it 900 or something? So far that was the best upgrade next to the motor swap i have done for that car. Someone told me that after a few years the quaffie will eat your differential but who cares.

Originally posted by drpenguin@Sep 2 2005, 05:08 PM
I have a Y1 XSI tranny with no factory limited slip, I was burning my right tire down to a slick every 3 months. I shilled out the what was it 900 or something? So far that was the best upgrade next to the motor swap i have done for that car. Someone told me that after a few years the quaffie will eat your differential but who cares.
[post=548951]Quoted post[/post]​

um the quaife IS the differential.

Back