Lsv issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zmatt06

I build an lsv using a b18a1 bottom end an stock ls crank bored .50 over and a b16a head all stock internals with a p30 ecu....b4 the swap my vtec hit an it hit hard...after the swap my vtec does hit or kick in at all....im wondering if the p30 is my problem an need to switch to a p28. Im thinkin it might b in limp mode but i didnt think that would make my vtec completely stop workin...im at a loss of wats goin on or how to fix it any tips or ideas would help

the p30 adds knock sensor control over p28... the ls blocks don't have knock sensors.

So, you either need a map that disables the knock sensor on the p30, or revert to a p28. Either way, you should have a custom map/chip made on a dyno for your car as neither ecu is ideal to fuel an ls/v, especially one with larger combustion chambers form the bore.

Any engine codes?

Knock Sensor could be an issue but I've seen guys rip up GSR swaps with no Knock Sensor without issues with performance.

Limp mode often leaves no VTEC

Oil pressure...oil level maybe

VTEC Oil Pressure Switch?

VSS/Speedo will cause this too.

VTEC filter/screen dirty?

Tach working?

That's all I got right now.

Last edited:
Back