Lucy the dog

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Try the kong it works wonders. Also a few bones work, the elk or deer antlers seem to work well and last for a long time. Have you looked into doggy day care? It will probably be cheaper than all the shit the dog destroys and it will help to socialize the dog. I have never done it with my dog but i have heard good things about it for problem dogs.
My Boston Terrier seems to do better when I leave him in his playpen. I built a 4'x4'x32"h playpen that has his crate in it. I leave the crate door open inside. He sleeps in his crate but he can go in the pen to play with his kong or toys. The training is tough but worth the effort. My dog has a severe dominance issue that we are working on right now, it sucks but it seems to be worth it.

Try the kong it works wonders.

:werd: my dog has 2 of them..

this one seems to be holding up better and she's had it longer.. you can stick treats in it too to keep the dog busy all day

red-kong.jpg

and this one got pretty torn up within a month and its a solid rubber ball

kong-ball.jpg

My dog likes pop/water bottles, she will lay down and some how unscrew the cap, after that she gets bored of it its pretty funny.

We tried the kongball. She was able to get all the treats out, and then proceded to escape and make a meal of the 2nd set of blinds. She was good again today. I didn't think it was possible, but I think she's broken in.

Being in the shelter might have been pretty bad for her, all the potential owners coming and then leaving again... When you went out, the 'leaving' part was probably freaking her out, thinking she was rejected again, and in a lonely and different shelter this time. Now that she sees you always coming back she's probably starting to realize she doesn't need to be as worried about it.

Damn dude, You told me how bad Lucy was but never showed pics. Thats insane and sorta funny. Good thing she wasnt there when I was down there for the weekend.

Back