Main bearings/Rod bearing install. .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

Do I start with the Main bearings first? Using the helms manual it doesn't tell you. Just tells you how to check the clearances.

Another thing is where is says to apply engine oil to the bearing havles is this where assembly lube is used or just take my finger and rub a coat of engine oil on the one side of the bearing?

ive always put the pistons in and then the crank. first i do the main beraings then the rod bearings., when bulding my motor i use a lil assembly lube and also coat everything oil real good but it usually takes me a lil while to build and put into car, and i coat all metal with oil to prevent rust and corrosion.

I coated the sleeves with a clean rag and motor oil and wiped it on the cylinder walls. So I should install the rings on the pistons first then the rods with the pistons attached and then the crankshaft then the main bearings and rod bearings can be measured?

ok i understand everything now. Except do I apply assembly lube on the bearings? Or just oil?

thanks. Is the ARP packaged luburicate the same thing? It says moly based. So iam guessing its good to use?

yeah that is ok to use, you may not have enough though. Its only a few bucks at any automotive store. Moly or molybdenum based whatever anyone wants to call it.

Back