Map Sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1sikef

I have a 1988 CRX HF with a b16 converted to obd1, the wiring harness is uncut.
I got some new spark plugs went home and put them in then adjusted my TPS Sensor because it was out of spec' then started it up to go test drive it, and it immediately threw a code 3 "MAP". Ive changed the sensor multiple different time with know good sensors, ive changed the ecu multiple times still code 3. so last thing i ran 3 wire straight from the ECU to the MAP Sensor. and still i have a code 3, I cant get rid of it, Also i have no vacuum leaks and if i did it would be a code 5 any help!!

are you sure that you don't have the connectors for the MAP and TPS switched?

MAP connector has 3-wires - one yellow with red stripe, one white and one green with white stripe

TPS connector has 3-wires - one yellow with white stripe, one red with blue stripe and one green with white stripe

no because when i put my b16 in i had to extent the map wires so i know i didnt get them mixed up u know ill double check but im pretty sure i didnt, i just dont know what to do at this point

how is the car running with code 3? does it run better/worse than before u started? also, when my map went bad, i was thrown into limp mode...so shouldnt urs be?i had a z6, not b16..but it shouldnt make a difference, ,if ur map is bad u shouldnt be able to rev over 3k

id say its in the wiring. bring it to me, ill fix ya right up and you can be on your way, cel free and rev happy ;) for a price of course lol

i am in limp mode and it run really rich, also its not the sensor thats bad, ive replaced it multiple time with ones that i took of friends cars just to see, idk its so odd

Meter your wires. MAP on OBD1 will be identified in the plug of the actual sensor. One is reference ground, one is 5V reference, one is a 0-5V signal wire. I believe you will actually see a "V, S, G" imprints on the sensor to help you meter your wires and determine where the problem lies.

Back