Martinis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Yeah, im watching Judging Amy and just saw her mom make a martini with a shaker....I dont know what pisses me off more than people making a shaken martini RAWR!!!

lol, i just said it bothers me, not that i drink them.

i just do jager bombs. My best friend's yard smelled of red bull for a week last time.

shaken vs stirred from "the Straight Dope"
Straight Dope Staff Report: Why did James Bond want his martinis shaken, not stirred?
There are three main differences between a martini (or a vodka martini) which has been stirred and one which has been shaken. First, a shaken martini is usually colder than one stirred, since the ice has had a chance to swish around the drink more. Second, shaking a martini dissolves air into the mix; this is the "bruising" of the gin you may have heard seasoned martini drinkers complain about--it makes a martini taste too "sharp." Third, a shaken martini will more completely dissolve the vermouth, giving a less oily mouth feel to the drink.
In a vodka martini, cold is key: a vodka martini that is not ice-cold tastes like lighter fluid. So you shake them. The experience of a traditional martini is more dependent on it being smooth and on not ruining the delicate flavors of the gin. Ergo, one stirs it. Simple enough, no?

cause james bond was a pussy that liked weak martini's

OOOOOOOOO

Agreed.

The best martini's imo are Bombay Saphire dry martinis with a twist.

Of course that's a personal thing, but no matter what, gin martini's should always be stirred

thats my style as well :D

sometimes you gotta throw in "up" or you'll get a mixed drink back lol dumbass bartenders

do you want me to post this on your board jeffie? i will....dont tempt me.....RAWR.

oh yeah....put a finger over the the "age" under my avatar
ph34r.gif

Back