Mercedes CLA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2014-Mercedes-Benz-CLA-250-right-rear-view.jpg

Down's syndrome rear end.

Reminds me of a dog dragging its ass on a floor. Or the start of a dog shitting.

oh god that ass end is horrible

i take back the "overall nice looking car" thing from earlier :thumbsdown:

The design for the rear end comes from the CLS. It's the only way to make a 4 door "coupe." What did you guys expect? Lol...

I am 5'5" and I hit my head on the roof in the back seat lol. But I have a long torso because my 5'6" co worker can sit in the back seat and has enough head room. Back seat was designed for kids, that's for sure lol.

In base model, $29K form, the vehicle is meh. But with the AMG styling package and diamond shaped grill, it actually doesn't look too bad at all. Especially in purple. But then again, this will put the vehicle for you guys around $37K.

1948d1379964672-thoughts-first-experience-clas45-purple-colour-1233089_715915141769851_342860787_o.jpg

meh.

IMO you don't buy a benz until you can afford a nice one, and then a new one every couple years.

The design for the rear end comes from the CLS. It's the only way to make a 4 door "coupe." What did you guys expect? Lol...

For the car to not look like shit. I was sorta into this car, they always show it from the front, one day I walked up onto one in a parking lot, I was kind of excited to finally see it, once I made my way around to the back side... IMO the car could be $19,999 and. I'd still pass on it. They really screwed up on the design. This is coming from one of the few people on HS if not the only person on HS that would buy a new Mercedes. They missed the mark.

IMO they should have put that drivetrain in the c200 and glk200 and been done.

I wouldn't be surprised if it bombed like the G25. They really missed the mark on the appearance.

Probably nothing. A 3 series starts at $32k. It's hard to find one at a dealer for under 40. The same will go for this. The $29k is for a stripped out model that will barely be sold.

You can get a properly CPO 3 series for like 30k now adays. Personally I'm ok with a year old car that already took a huge hit on depreciation.

I've had my first new car for 7 years now. I don't care anymore about being the first one to own.

Next car will be a tundra and a 3 series for the s/o.

You can get a properly CPO 3 series for like 30k now adays. Personally I'm ok with a year old car that already took a huge hit on depreciation.

I've had my first new car for 7 years now. I don't care anymore about being the first one to own.

Next car will be a tundra and a 3 series for the s/o.
IMO CPO cars are a joke. So many of the "tests" are based on opinions of techs. Techs who don't want to be fired because the used car manager doesn't have enough in stock. When I was at Infiniti, our used car manager would CPO everything that wasn't falling apart. I'd never buy a used car from a dealership. Even one I was working at.

I think everyone is being critical of this thing. Remember that it is a $29k car. Comparing it to the G25 is a joke. That thing was an optionless piece of garbage. I'm talking like power seats were an option, not standard. Moonroof, option. Heated seats, option. Memory seating, not available. Not to mention that it had a kindergarten version of the bluetooth system that the G37 had.

Last edited:
IMO CPO cars are a joke. So many of the "tests" are based on opinions of techs. Techs who don't want to be fired because the used car manager doesn't have enough in stock. When I was at Infiniti, our used car manager would CPO everything that wasn't falling apart. I'd never buy a used car from a dealership. Even one I was working at.

Hmm outside of not being a fanInfiniti or Nissan in general, I think again like its come up on this board before, Each dealer is a franchise of the brand. It is very hard to say one represents the whole. I'm in a similar industry and I can attest to this all day.

The only reason I'd buy CPO is the warranty and maintenance costs. I'd most likely bundle it all to 100k anyways.

Hmm outside of not being a fanInfiniti or Nissan in general, I think again like its come up on this board before, Each dealer is a franchise of the brand. It is very hard to say one represents the whole. I'm in a similar industry and I can attest to this all day.
Yes and no. In working there, I dealt a lot with the local dealerships with lease returns and stuff. In just talking to some of the guys, making a car a CPO basically entailed going into the system and adding $2k-5k to the price. The cars were washed and vacuumed. That's about it.

nissan is the new mitsubishi.
Mitsubishi continues to set that bar. A friend has their SUV. What a hunk of shit. As far as Nissan goes, I think it's still a pretty good product. My point was that dealerships are misrepresenting what the cars actually were.

I have had two Xterras in a row and kept both for years.. they have been super solid vehicles. The one I have now is the best vehicle Ive ever owned. Does everything I need very well and has had no problems. Although my uncle has a 2012 that had some electrical issues...

I have had two Xterras in a row and kept both for years.. they have been super solid vehicles. The one I have now is the best vehicle Ive ever owned. Does everything I need very well and has had no problems. Although my uncle has a 2012 that had some electrical issues...
The 2nd gens had an issue with the trans cooler rupturing, but that's an easy fix if you weren't the first guy to do it.

I actually owned a 1st gen for about 2 weeks. Solid built car even with the 150k it had on it. Intended of flipping it until I was told to tow it or it would be towed. Still made about $100 scrapping it.

I think everyone is being critical of this thing. Remember that it is a $29k car. Comparing it to the G25 is a joke. That thing was an optionless piece of garbage. I'm talking like power seats were an option, not standard. Moonroof, option. Heated seats, option. Memory seating, not available. Not to mention that it had a kindergarten version of the bluetooth system that the G37 had.

I wasn't really comparing the cars themselves...i was comparing the marketing of the cars...."reasonably priced" high end luxury cars...they are built to get you into the brand....

The G25 came with a lot of standard features that you could't even come close on with a 3 series,or A4 for the price

Yes and no. In working there, I dealt a lot with the local dealerships with lease returns and stuff. In just talking to some of the guys, making a car a CPO basically entailed going into the system and adding $2k-5k to the price. The cars were washed and vacuumed. That's about it.

Most people don't give a damn with what the car was like, as long as it has a clean title and doesn't have any major flaws. Main thing is they want a car that is backed fully by a dealership. Most CPO cars offer 6-10 year 100k mile warranties.

I'd never buy a BMW or Mercedes with a 30 to 90 day warranty from bobs dealership and the rest of the 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty the car maker offers. Even more so when the car has 27k miles on it already.

Fuck that.

Back