Motor Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smokeshowmo2

i want to buy a 5th generation civic hatchbackbut i want to do a motor swap. i want to do an ls swap because it is cheaper.do i have to change the ecu if i do that swap or is the old ecu good to use. any help much thanks.

thank you

what are the different ecu's like p28 and what does it mean. and what is teh best tranny to go with.

thanks

use the LS tranny, P28 is the civic EX ecu, easily modified and many programmed chips circulating out there for it.

well, with LS u can run the Si ecu, i am b/c i havent had time to swap it out yet. its still a powerful engine with the wrong ecu, but it will b alot stronger with the better ecu. use B16a1 tranny it has best gearing.

sorry, i don't know why i suggested a p28 in the first place...i tend to skim through shit and just answer when it looks like the same question as the rest of them, ok now listen, if your gonna run a ls in a 5th gen get a 94-95 ls ecu (not sure of the exact code, just check in the references section on this site)

ok this is the ecu you want to find. and yes i mean find. get the p30 from the 94 ecu from a delsol dohc that is your best bet but you will have to search for it :blink: :spin:

Originally posted by onefastcivic@Jan 16 2003, 07:49 PM
ok this is the ecu you want to find. and yes i mean find. get the p30 from the 94 ecu from a delsol dohc that is your best bet but you will have to search for it :blink: :spin:

Damn man pass that shit over here,I need a hit.Why would he use a vtec ecu from a b16a3 on a nonvtec ls motor?And what are you talking about find one,They came in cars for several years in many countries.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 16 2003, 01:59 PM
Damn man pass that shit over here,I need a hit.Why would he use a vtec ecu from a b16a3 on a nonvtec ls motor?And what are you talking about find one,They came in cars for several years in many countries.

i say run with the LS ECU... cause why would you want a VTEC ECU in a non-VTEC car??

92b16vx: puff puff give mayan, puff puff give!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back