My 2000 Civic EK thread!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rice is like, 100 stickers, body kit, flashy paint, fart pipe instead of full exhaust, rims bigger than 16", flared fenders, big wings, aftermarket lights (HID's aren't rice tho), and any shift knob other than oem or Type R style

Actually none of that stuff is rice either. It just gives their cars a little bit of style...

Actually none of that stuff is rice either. It just gives their cars a little bit of style...

LMAO....

The exhaust will sound really loud, and a bit tingy thought I'd let ya know.

It's a Honda, everybody will call it rice until I juice it. It's just fun to do and keeps me out of trouble.

The d15b vtec with the same set up sounded loud as hell and it was with a buddy club cat back, which I like because of the smaller tip and would've bought one if they weren't $400 when an ebay cannon does the same thing. But with the silencer it's not too bad.

I know a guy with a crx ebay turbo kit it's pretty quick..don't know how long that turbo will last but it's quick.

Last edited:
Oh, I mean, this guy's turbo kit was overnighted from Japan, greddy turbo with ebay piping, ball bearing turbo, direct port NOS fogger, with a sparco steering wheel with buttons on it for the NOS, fire comes out the pipe every time he shifts gears, and he tuned the timer on the NOS to run 9's. :D

The buddy club exhaust that was loud as hell was probably the spec 2. Which is pretty much a straight pipe.

I have a passwordJDM shift knob. Is my car riceeee?

Anybody can call anything rice really and I had a few beers when I made that post about rice haha I would consider it rice but that's just me and I KNOW my z3 fenders are considered rice, thinking about skipping the carbon hood and lip tho so the z3's might just be my only cosmetic upgrade besides the engine bay which is going to be detailed, colorful, and have the spoon and mugen parts like the oil cap, orange valve cover I painted, blue AEM short ram, red battery tie-down, blue plug wires etc.

I've installed the intake, header, and exhaust decided to keep the catalytic converter. The intake sounded real good by itself, and the exhaust actually sounds nice without the silencer not too loud, deep tone pretty nice and it has a little more power gets up to speed when getting on the highway pretty good I can feel a difference. The factory intake and muffler both had cracks and big holes in them I was wondering why it sounded so bad before, now it sounds good. I'm hoping the gas mileage will improve too, that's why I'm going with a nitrous set up so I can have the power when I want it and still get good gas mileage.

Will post pics in a couple hours when the sun comes out :D.

Parts installed:

394120_283078051758198_100001680165449_709007_135959877_n.jpg

429900_283078515091485_100001680165449_709009_1271930860_n.jpg

So you were weighing your options between Z3 fenders or a carbon hood and lip...and you went with the Z3 fenders?

:(

Also, is that the correct intake for your car? Or did you just not read the directions very well? That little tab off to the left is supposed to mount to a bolt on the shock tower, most likely the one you can see a few inches above it in the picture. That will keep it from flopping around...

Update:

I bought lowering springs but haven't installed them yet. I will be building for a 200 shot of nitrous. I've never built an engine before but based on my research I can easily build the head with Skunk2 valve springs and retainers, stronger valves, more aggressive cam. I will be using CP pistons oem compression with better rings, cometic head gasket and Eagle rods with ARP bolts and head studs, stronger bearings. And a stronger clutch, bigger brakes when I get bigger rims. Will take it to get it tuned with Hondata and go to drag events, possibly make it into a show car as well.

Question:
Can the pistons and rods be installed without removing the engine? I would think that you could just take off the head and the oil pan, undo the rods from the bottom and push/pull the assembly out from the top. I've never built an engine before but I have swapped them and changed a head gasket.

Last edited:
Did you get your secondary o2 sensor problem fixed or are you still driving around either with your cel on all the time or your obd2 scanner with you at all times?

dude burn that honda banner, sell the y8 and gay z3 fenders and take the 500 you will spend on that "mad nos bro!" and put a gsr in it...you will be slapping yourself in the face dude. are you really gonna 200 shot it when you realize you still cant overtake a car thats going 5 under the speed limit because you still have a lame ass n/a d series in it? and btw dont joke about your friends ebay turbo kit and "how long it will last" when youre talking about 200 shot to a y8...please do yourself the favor of rethinking your plan because a quick drive around the block tells you your car will run 16's unless "on the juice" after thousands of dollars invested. imagine pulling up to an rsx-s and get waxed AFTER all of this work and rebuilding the motor? lame...

and to the statement "i want to juice it cuz i want power when i want it and good gas mileage all the time" you think nitrous is cheap? i race my car all day everyday and get 22mpg, but at least its real power on tap whenever i want it, if i want to conserve gas i granny shift like a d series and keep it under 4k...what do you think vtec is for?

There's no CEL I left the cat on it.

D-series are very underrated, they've been known to put out 300whp on stock internals.
The whole thing would cost around $3,000 to get set up which is no biggie, cost less than a gsr, and it will be quick. The nitrous would only be used at the track so it's not like I'm going to be running the shit out of it, have a tune for the nitrous which will only be used at some events occasionally and a stock tune for daily driving.

My set up with the breathing opened up is getting great mileage, I drive 20 miles to work and back 4 days straight, then 3 miles to my other job and back 4 days straight, and only fill up every 10 days with premium for $30.

To each his own, I've learned a lot from this forum since I had my last honda and did a D to D swap after just reading articles on this forum so I'm on here for help, and to share the progress of my car. So if you've got a problem, ignore my thread. I need a little advice on building so I asked about installing the pistons and rods without removing the engine.

Back