My 2004 SV650

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's definitely a luxury item. I know some people that ride rain or shine, but not me. I got rid of my bike because I rode it like 2 times in a month in the first year I had it. When the weather was nice it got usage, and the other 6 months of the year it didn't. Also I was always buying parts for it. I became a slave to owning the bike and not riding it. Like a lot of people get with their stuff.

I would love to get a job at Google or somewhere down south. If I could ride 9 months out of the year, I would be so happy.

I do love my bike but I can definitely see how the weather plays a big role. Riding in ~40 degree weather is hardly tolerable unless it is sunny and there's absolutely no wind. I guess it also doesn't help that I don't have a screen lol

This photo popped up on my feed. Two years ago to the day. I think it was stolen a month later.
306088_10151603197792774_1010682033_n.jpg

Cold weather riding isn't bad if you have the correct gear. even without heated grips or gloves or jacket... However add those to the mix and you can go super low on temps.

One of the best looking 600s ever made imo. Wish the R1 looked as good.

the only thing i wish i would have done was to powder coat the exhaust to a matte black. Once i took all the silver stuff off, the bike started to look pretty damn good.

and the red is also amazing. solid color bikes are the best.

I really wish I had got a black framed SV. I can't stand all the silver/chrome garbage

And yeah I'm sure cold weather riding is tolerable with the correct gear lol I think that's pretty obvious. I just don't have the money for more gear right now.

Back