My 90 Civic Si HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Arpee

I have a a 90 Civic Si HB it was stolen from the guy i bought it from so its gutted to the bone wich is good because its super light and empty LOL any way i want power and dont know wich swap to go for money wise im looking at about 2grand and can probably strech it to 2500$ to spend i will try to put it in myself also need the mounts hcp or hasport 400$ and shift linkage stuff u know i have been considering the SIR1 alot but like the idea of lsVtec 1.8 sounds great over 1.6 or just plain more power i heard about understeering with bigger engines im still new at this so dont really know wich way to go on this but i will be doing this around jan or feb 2003 any help from experienced people would greatly be apreciated . Thanks Robert P I saw a b16a First gen with factory LSD 1$1750 is this a good buy .

b16a siR or b18a1 from 90-91 teg.Mount kit,shiftlinkage,axles,ecu easiest swaps.

Dude, id go with 90-91 swap like he said. Ive riden in my friends 99 SiR, its OK, the Vtec sound is cool and its good for 150+ km driving. but who goes that fast on a regular basis. ur car is gutted. i think u metioned it was an Si. I just did the swap me and 2 buddies did it over 3 days. 8 hours givertake a few. all u need is mounts, linkage ( optional, u can just cut and weld the stock linakage but not recomended and a clutch(smart thing to get outa the way). But anyway back to my story. unless u want an all out top speed engine, get an LS. They are wayyy more torquey, and if u can get a b16 tranny to hook up to it, they will beat any B16 to 100mph easily. then the vtec ownz. also, the b16a will cost everything of your 2000 to get it in. an LS can be in with intake and headers for the same cost as the b16. its ur call but i support the B18a 100%.

There is a difference between a b16 in a 99 si and a b16 in a 90 si hatch.I agree the b18 will give you more torque and probably be easier to aquire since they were available in cars in the U.S. so if I was in the states this would be my choice too:b18a1.

In a gutted hatch you don't need the high torque at low RPMs that a B18A/B gives. I suggest the B16A because of it's performance at higher RPMs.

Yea but on his budget he'd be able to counter any lttle problems if he stayed with the cheaper motor.By the time he gets the a1,mount kit,shiftlinkage and all shipped to him,he's closing in on his ceiling.I he was working with three I'd say go for the 16.

Actually, here in SoCal (RixXxceboy can attest to this) shops install B16As for $2500 with a running (not startup) warranty or $2100 without warranty. But that's a shop install!

YEAH I DO LIKE BOTH B18 & B16 B18 CUZ U CAN GO LS/VTEC 1.8 AND I CAN PICK THIS MOTOR UP AT EITHER WATANABE OR NIPPON MOTORS SO NO SHIPPING CHARGES NIPPON DELIVERS FREE IN LOCAL AREA SO IM GOOD THERE NIPPON HAS A B16A SIR 1ST GEN FOR USD $1,750 LSD EQUIPPED BUT I ALSO SAW I PLACE CALLED HMO MOTORS AND THEY HAVE A COMPLETE CHANGEOVER FOR $1,150 W.O/LSD W/LSD IS $1,550 WELL THATS WITH ENGINE TRANS AXLES SHIFT LINKAGE AND ECU SOUNDS REALLY GOOD BUT U KNOW WHAT THEY SAY TO GOOD TO BE TRUE I GOTTA CALL THEM TO SEE WHATS THE GIMMICK ANYWAY I WANT SOMETHING IM GOING TO BE HAPPY WITH AND NOT GIVE A LOT OF HEAD ACHES IN THE PROCCESS IM GOING TO DO A SELF INSTALL U KNOW 8 HOURS DONT SOUND BAD IF I GOT ALL THE PARTS I NEED THANKS A BUNCH IM STILL THINKING ABOUT IT ANY MORE ENCOURAGMENTS ON WICH WAY TO GO WILL BA APRECIATED :)

Caplock please,That isn't a crazy price for a full swap on a b16a1,it's good but not outstanding.

,./;'[]\-=<>?:"{}|_+`~

Get to know these cute little squiggly lines--they're called punctuation.

There is no reason to go LSVTEC in a civic. You're better off with a GSR swap--close to the same price, and OEM Honda reliability for the same output numbers.

B18 will be a direct swap with the right mounts and axles--literally plugs right into an Si.
If you wanna be fast at the end, get a B16. If you wanna be fast at the beginning, get a B18.

OK I DONT CARE ABOUT THESE :'/?.,<"{][]})(!@#$%^&*()_+ THINGS I JUST ASKED A QUESTION ??????????????????????????? AND THANX ABOUT THE GSR BUT NO THATS WAY TO MUCH 3500 NO THANKS CAPS WERE LEFT ON ON PURPOSE SHEES....................................MAKE SIMPLY THINGS SO DIFFICULT ;)

I was gonna respond to your post and try to help you out in understanding the OVERALL cost differential between the LS/VTEC and the GSR, but for-fucking-get it.

Originally posted by Arpee@Jan 1 2003, 08:54 AM
OK I DONT CARE ABOUT THESE :'/?.,<"{][]})(!@#$%^&*()_+ THINGS I JUST ASKED A QUESTION ??????????????????????????? AND THANX ABOUT THE GSR BUT NO THATS WAY TO MUCH 3500 NO THANKS CAPS WERE LEFT ON ON PURPOSE SHEES....................................MAKE SIMPLY THINGS SO DIFFICULT ;)

When people read things they hear them with the same pauses and inflictions that they would when they speak,your all caps,no punctuation post makes people crazy because it is like listening to a three year old screaming.If you want to get a point across don't be lazy,that gives everyone the impression that you don't care,so why should we.

Sorry, I did not want to pissoff djextremity or any body else, Just wanted help sorry dudes wont happen again and djextremity,Iwould like your knowledge and help k. :worthy:

I will Find the right one pretty Soon,Just wait Its going to be bad.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 28 2002, 03:57 AM
so if I was in the states this would be my choice too:b18a1.

thats what i would do too.

buy an a1 conversion- shit, i've seen them as low as 600 complete swap.

then get yourself a b16a sir1 head- and do the proper mods for an ls/vtec.

under 2 grand, you could easily have 200 horse.

Yup, Now that sounds great! I probably will end up with b18a but what kinda motor mounts would i need same as b16a or diffrent.
:D

b18a, shouldn't even be a question, trust me i've had a b16 in a rex before, not as good as it's played out to be.

Back