My 91 Civic Si Whats Best Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91CivicSI

Okay all i have a 91 civic si hatchback i was looking for opinions of you out there on what motor i should swap into it. i was thinking of doing an ls/vtec but was just curious if anybody has anything better i can do.

i vote for ls/vtec if you you experance with building engines, or b16 if you're somewhat new to it all.

<EDIT>or you could always go for the trusty ls/t if you have the cash for it.</EDIT>

Originally posted by ShowStopper@Jan 15 2003, 09:30 AM
I vote a true JDM civic Type R then convert your cable to a hydralic tranny for a little less hp do a B16A

A little less HP? B16 is what? ~160hp and the JDM Type R is 190.. 30 is a BIG difference

paragus Posted on Jan 14 2003, 09:51 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the options are endless and its vtec not vtech

he said vtec man :p , but no , if u wanna stay on the cheaper side. go LS swap, or b16a. i love my LS but i kinda miss Vtec but it still has great power and endless options. alot better than the stock D series. if ur obsessed with Vtec, get b16. id go LS tho b/c its better in the long run if u want to turbo it or get nos.

Originally posted by ShowStopper@Jan 15 2003, 03:30 PM
I vote a true JDM civic Type R then convert your cable to a hydralic tranny for a little less hp do a B16A

The b16b is 185hp and not nearly worth the price it goes for compared to what you could do with the cash as far as differences in hp.A b16a1 with intake and full exhaust is gonna get you in the game with about a grand saved.

Back