My Dad got a chick car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but if they were any bigger, i wouldn't be able to see out the windshield with them down!!

the sol is NO more a chick car then a fucking eclipse, miata, ________, whatever....

i will own a mini cooper s one day. i was gonna buy one in the near future. i have a whole book on that car and my god i fell in love. I just love that car. tell your dad congrats on the purchase and i hope he enjoys his new mini

i saw an original mini the other weekend. the thing was so small, it disappears literally when its only like 2 cars behind. its like the size of a golf cart!

i think the new ones are hot though.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 11 2002, 09:57 PM
mini coopers own :) fuck chick car man... they are pimp

Hell's fucking yes! I lobe the MiNi!! It rules! The fact that BMW had the balls to re-introduce that car rules. And personally, I think they did a hell of a job of it. But, as rumor has it, I heard that if your gonna get one, wait a couple years. Because the current ones have an Isuzu motor in them. In a couple of years they will have an actually Bimmer motor. I heard this from my friend who is a Saab mechanic and he's getting one.

Izuzu? they're still around? hehe... and how do 17's make you a ricer, i have 17's :( i think they're cool(EDIT: the mini's i mean, i re-read that and confused myself, :D), didn't know they were that heavy though, they look light as hell

Well he loves the car and i drove it today (the no rev past 1250 miles is off, he went on a road trip and now we have 1400 on that baby) Redlined it a few times and it has great pickup. It has tq. at almost any engine speed. I dont think that it has a IZUZU engine. I belive that it is a joint venture between Dodge and BMW. The ride is very smooth in that car eventhough it has sport tuned suspention. The one thing i Hate about it, is that the rear view mirror is the size of a make-up mirror! The mirror is tinyer in perportion to the del Sol's little gray things at the top of the windsheild that is on hindges, some evencall them visors!

1. The Mini is not a 'chick' car
2. 17" rims do not automatically make your car 'rice'
3. Proper engine break-in is very important

All that said, I wouldn't mind owning a new Mini. When I first heard that BMW was introducing it, I hoped that it would be rear wheel drive... but it's not. Oh well, I still wouldn't mind having one.

:D

my buddies 17's weigh less then my si rims weighing in at 14and a half pounds

Back