my first Android

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Motorola make quality products. My Droid just feels really well put together. I like my phones to have a little bit of heft to them. Make sure you get a protector for it unless you're as anal as I am about keeping it from getting scratched or damaged, there are a lot of shiny surfaces to scratch.

well, the back of the Droid 2 is the rubberized surface, so no scratching there.. i wasnt sure if they sold cases for them since its a slider

There are slider cases. they are basically 2-parts. a PITA to install, but once on are pretty good.

I still prefer a physical keyboard. I'm in the market for a new phone as well. I have a t-mobile G1, my wife has a mytouch, and as much as I wanna go full touchscreen, I just can't get used to it. The new Samsung Galaxy phones are very nice (Fascinate, Vibrant, etc) but I'm waiting on the G2 (HTC something or other) in mid-october.

Yea I love having a keyboard as well. It's nice having the physical feedback so if you want to type and not look at the keyboard you can. That's just not possible with a touchscreen.

Yea I love having a keyboard as well. It's nice having the physical feedback so if you want to type and not look at the keyboard you can. That's just not possible with a touchscreen.
Sure it is, it just takes a lot of getting used to and relearning muscle memory.

I still have problems with the touch screen though can type at a "sufficient" pace. The only reason I chose touch is because of the thinner profile.

i wouldn't count memory as anything important. a 32gb sd card can be had for 20 bucks...

Don't try getting an iphone user to understand that.

As far as keyboards goes... So many people cry a river because they dont like one or the other.

I had a EV and got use to the keyboard. I tried the Iphones as with other touch screen keyboards and never really liked them.....

I picked up a BB storm, at first I felt the same way with the touch screen but after a few days of using it I forgot all about it. My NV went to Linh so anytime I go back to the EV for txting I cant stand it. I then went to a Moto Droid, the touch screen felt weird and I had to tell myself I'd get use to it, the slide out keyboard felt cramped and no better then the NV there was clearly no going back. So I never used the keyboard for anything other then games. Once going to the incredible it was once again a different step. Now that I'm use to it, I cant use anything else without feeling a little snobbish about it, Although the iphone feels very close and that's a great thing since the iphone does have a great touch screen and the incredible is up there with it.

Bottom line, you get use to anything and start to prefer it.

As far as current phones on the market I still prefer over all, my incredible, not only is it fast but it's very small. I believe it's the smallest of full blown smart phones currently on the market, it's even smaller then the godlike Iphone both 3Gs and 4

I always wear shorts for work, I have a little front pocket in them that is perfect for phones. The moto droid was the first phone that didnt really fit, and anytime I kept it in my pocket, the damn keyboard would always slightly open up causing the phone to be even bigger.

IMO 2 keyboards on a phone = over kill and adds to the size. No thanks.

If I could have any phone on the market right now across any carrier I wouldnt trade my incredible for anything.

kinda undecided still... damnit!.. lol

gonna play w/ the Incredible and Droid 2 in-store and make my decision that day

I also read something that said the first generation of phones with dual core processors are very close. Tmobile in particular is going to be releasing one as soon as November and I'm sure the other providers will be on their heels. It might pay to wait a little longer to see what else comes out. You've waited this long.

I also read something that said the first generation of phones with dual core processors are very close. Tmobile in particular is going to be releasing one as soon as November and I'm sure the other providers will be on their heels. It might pay to wait a little longer to see what else comes out. You've waited this long.

See here is the issue with Android. If you wait another 3 to 6 months then you start to hear about the next group of game changing phones. Over and over the cycle repeats itself. The G1 was number one for what? 2 months? With android if you wait then the waiting begets more waiting.

See here is the issue with Android. If you wait another 3 to 6 months then you start to hear about the next group of game changing phones. Over and over the cycle repeats itself. The G1 was number one for what? 2 months? With android if you wait then the waiting begets more waiting.

You're 100% correct. I get a new phone every 2 years give or take, and I know whatever I get will be light years ahead of the last one, and I'm fine with that. The latest and greatest never lasts long, and that's true of a lot of things besides phones.

Did you load Advanced Task Killer yet?

Back