my new ride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fuck me, i started to write that it was only a 6 year old car. i'm a decade off. it was still 16 years old back then.

don't do the turbo for power, do it for mileage!

leave it to full-race to have this segment owned too
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/1994-honda-civic-d15-3-stage-vtec-turbo-11881.html

that's a pretty awesome setup! theres no way im putting that much money and effort into the geo lol

heres my first fill up.

Its lower than I was hoping for but there were a few vacuum lines unhooked for part of that so I dont know how much that will affect it. Also, I used 10w-40 because my dad had it laying around the shop, I dont know how big of a difference 5w-20 or something like that would make. It also has a pretty good exhaust leak somewhere around the muffler. Once again I'm not sure how much that will affect things. Most of those miles are highway but I did have to pull some pretty significant hills a few times. I also filled the tires pretty close to max psi. max reccomended is 44psi I'm running 40

exhaust a vac leaks can hurt fuel economy.

what oil is speced for it? i'd assume something like a 5w30. generally thinner oils give better fuel economy, but it's a small difference.

exhaust a vac leaks can hurt fuel economy.

what oil is speced for it? i'd assume something like a 5w30. generally thinner oils give better fuel economy, but it's a small difference.

Definitely. My car recommends 0-20w for eco and 5-20 for regular.

Probably could use a tune up. My sister gets 55mpg with hers.

I get around 40mpg in my civic still.

Probably could use a tune up. My sister gets 55mpg with hers.

I get around 40mpg in my civic still.
I pretty much did everything I could as far as a tune up goes. I'm going to check the timing next time I'm at my dads and make sure that's where it should be. The only thing I didnt replace was the coil itself

The wife drove it the last few days and didnt have to pull the hills I was before and it bumped up to around 45mpg. She has a lead foot to so this week will be a better test after I drive all week trying for mileage

Back