my poor d15

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HollowJDM

luckily, i found this at the first stages, friend happened to mention to me you can check compression by the air puffing out of your oil cap, and i checked mine and it is puffin hard. done a compression check and 2-4 pistons are roughly between 145 and 153 but no. 1 piston is 125. looks like its time to start researching new motors before this gets worse. 120,000 and bad compression. thought about b16 sir II but then again d16z6 is also a lot cheaper. i dont know. everything keeps happening to my car and it sucks. o well... SWAP TIME!

when my motor went out in my crx I was thinking about getting another z6 but ended up getting a b16 and dont reget it at all, yes a z6 is cheaper but if you can afford a b16 or b18 swap then go that route. worth the money

Originally posted by HollowJDM@May 25 2005, 03:45 PM
luckily, i found this at the first stages, friend happened to mention to me you can check compression by the air puffing out of your oil cap, and i checked mine and it is puffin hard. done a compression check and 2-4 pistons are roughly between 145 and 153 but no. 1 piston is 125. looks like its time to start researching new motors before this gets worse. 120,000 and bad compression. thought about b16 sir II but then again d16z6 is also a lot cheaper. i dont know. everything keeps happening to my car and it sucks. o well... SWAP TIME!
[post=503511]Quoted post[/post]​

Your friend is stupid. There is always air puffing out your oil cap. It's not an indicator that something's wrong.

Originally posted by Calesta+May 25 2005, 09:50 PM-->
HollowJDM
@May 25 2005, 03:45 PM
luckily, i found this at the first stages, friend happened to mention to me you can check compression by the air puffing out of your oil cap, and i checked mine and it is puffin hard.  done a compression check and 2-4 pistons are roughly between 145 and 153 but no. 1 piston is 125.  looks like its time to start researching new motors before this gets worse.  120,000 and bad compression.  thought about b16 sir II but then again d16z6 is also a lot cheaper.  i dont know.  everything keeps happening to my car and it sucks.  o well... SWAP TIME!

Your friend is stupid. There is always air puffing out your oil cap. It's not an indicator that something's wrong.
[post=503656]Quoted post[/post]​

holly funnyness i just about shit when i read this, you beat me to this answer

thanks now my day is complete.

i checked 2 other civics and an integra, and only one other civic had air puffing out, and it wasnt near as much as mine. its called blow-by. other than that one other civic everything else we tried had none.

blow by has NOTHING to do with the compression or leak-down of a motor. its simply part of the vacuum system. blow-by means your pcv is shot. thats about it.

anyway, if you can't afford a b16, get a b18b. you're better off starting on the b-series platform.

i disagree B

blow-by is when the air slips by the piston instead of remaining in the cylinder for combustion...

but pulling the oil cap off is definately not a way to check your motors health...

think about it, the crankcase has air in it... as the pistons move up or down they displace air on the top of the piston as well as on the bottom of the piston...

as the pistons come down the air is venting through your oil cap...

your compression is not great but i think that motor is still good for another 30K before you NEED to be doing a motor swap...

Originally posted by HollowJDM@May 25 2005, 04:45 PM

just blow it up and junk it . damn, its totaled! its not a race car, its not fast, its TOTALED!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

hhmm, nooby runs his mouth with only 5 posts, see you soon randy... :ufucktard: :whatafucktard: :fuckyou: :newbie: :fuckyou3:

Back