N/a, Turbo, Or Supercharger?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

Hi,
I have a b18a1 that I juat bought. I can't decide wether to go N/A, Turbo, or Superchared. I will drive this car daily for now so I don't want to go to Radical. I would like to see from 250-300hp no more since I will not be running on the track that often. I have $1800 at my disposal right now and have more on the way so money is no problem. I have already talked to the machine shop and they are set right now to Port and polish my head, Crowere valves 1mm oversized, Crower springs and retainers. I am putting a 8lb fly wheel in and Have GSR pistons if I want to use them. I am also putting on any edelbrock intake manifold. So tell me what I should do? Thanks

Mark

With 1 mm oversized valves and that manifold, it sounds like you are headed for turbo already. Might as well throw in the forged pistons/rods while it's apart.

So turbo is the way to go? Well then turbo it is does anyone know where the best place to buy one is?

Thanks
Mark

Originally posted by dwn2low@Jan 26 2003, 11:57 AM
turbo is the way to go

ks-motorsports for a street kit... full custom for a serious kit

for 1800$ u can get a jrsc kit on ebay, BUT i kno they dont mak them for the b18a, only the b18b, im not sure what the dif in the blower is, but its most likly the intake manifold...

Originally posted by Integra1990@Jan 28 2003, 04:51 PM
for 1800$ u can get a jrsc kit on ebay, BUT i kno they dont mak them for the b18a, only the b18b, im not sure what the dif in the blower is, but its most likly the intake manifold...

The only difference in the motors are the cams, so i'm guessing it would fit.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 28 2003, 04:54 PM-->
Integra1990
@Jan 28 2003, 04:51 PM

The only difference in the motors are the cams, so i'm guessing it would fit.

its more than that....

it will bolt up no problem-- but some of the sensros and wiring is going to be different

Just a warning: 1800 dollars is nothing. When you say money is no problem, I hope you have a lot of it, because building a turbo or supercharged motor correctly (read: no cutting corners), it adds up fast. Not including the turbo kit (Greddy, with Intercooler), my turbo setup has cost 7100 dollars so far for parts and labor.

Back to the original question: Turbo is by far the coolest of the 3 options. It'll net you more power than a supercharger (if you want to upgrade your turbo), and if done correctly, can be just as reliable as a good N/A motor.

Back