"N1" exhausts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

disableddan

Crazy Insane
Howdy,
I'll keep this one short- what the hell is an "N1" style exhaust?

it was all started by apexi they had the first muffler styled like that. so everyone now just calls them the n1 style

I've only seen the one's that look exactly like the Apexi N1 called N1 style. I have a Tsudo one. If you're planning on getting one, don't. The sounds starts of great, then it's just annoying. Especially if you do any highway driving at all. And with the silencer on it sounds like shit. Next paycheck I'm getting a new, quiet muffler welded on.

Don't waste your money. If you do track, it's great. If you drive 50 miles each way to work 5+ days a week, it sucks.

They're cheap mufflers, and the sound deteriorates after a couple months.

Lol.... now you tell me!!!
Well I guess I'll be buying a new muffler soon! Although my last exhaust system was louder than hell and I drove it all over the place, including on 2 6hour road trips and various other semi-long drives.

Lol.... now you tell me!!!
Well I guess I'll be buying a new muffler soon! Although my last exhaust system was louder than hell and I drove it all over the place, including on 2 6hour road trips and various other semi-long drives.

I put over 100,000 km on my car after the n1 exhaust went on. Tell me about it.

N1 not worth it! Sounds awesome at the track, like crap on the roads, freind has 1, he actully went out and bought a Magna Flow now that sounds nice!

Ya my old exhaust was magnaflow and it sounded really good, probably will go with that again. Or the stock rsx muffler was also mentioned, they look nice but I don't know anything about the sound (would prefer quieter this time :D)

Awptickes- did you ever notice that your hearing was going or you had trouble sleeping? When my exhaust was a resonator with 8 inches of pipe on the end I swear I was on the brink of a breakdown. When i put the magnaflow on I think it changed my life.

What's the spoon muffler like? Has anyone ever had one of those 2-pass mufflers, where the pipe goes through twice?

Back