Name that bolt...!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Ok, so i've been calling acura and honda dealers for the past few hours to see who has valve cover studs/caps in stock. Basically I snapped a few studs and found out that their are 5 short and 2 long. Short ones are around the VC and the 2 long are in the middle. There is one more "BOLT" on top of the seven I need that snapped as well and they cannot find it in their diagrams. If I can recall it was a bolt, not a stud/cap setup and its located on the front/left side of the VC, right next to the cam cap/plug. Can anyone help me?!?! I need to order this bolt too but i've called 4 dealers (one of which the guy was a complete asshole) and nobody can tell what the part number is to order it. They say there are a few different bolts around that area but they are in the head. I took a pic on a crappy cell cam, hopefully this will help.

gallery_18745_397_22002.jpg

Its the one closest to the bottom/left side of the picture.

I have the exact same thing... mine never had anything in it, even when I bought the car. ::shrugs:: If everything you disconnected is now connected, I wouldn't worry about it.

I thought that was one of the bolts that I broke. Your making me think twice because of the ordeal I went through with the dealers but I guess i'll see when I take off the cover. As for the ground, I have a ground on the other side (see below), unless there are suppose to be two grounds on the VC. Anyone else have an b18b1 that can run outside and check to see if that was a bolt or not.

gallery_18745_397_8393.jpg

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Jun 17 2005, 11:02 PM
thats a cam cap bolt
[post=513658]Quoted post[/post]​

your abosolutely right ..pull the one holding the other side of the cam cap off and take it to your local fastenal or bolt place and they can get you one that is right.

Originally posted by 88bluehf+Jun 18 2005, 01:00 AM-->
TWISTEDIMAGE
@Jun 17 2005, 11:02 PM
thats a cam cap bolt
[post=513658]Quoted post[/post]​

your abosolutely right ..pull the one holding the other side of the cam cap off and take it to your local fastenal or bolt place and they can get you one that is right.
[post=513666]Quoted post[/post]​

What other one? There is another one? Where is it, i'll check in the morning.

gallery_33781_385_7922.jpg

the bolt should be a 6mm bolt and its a 1mm pitch if im correct. all you need then is to measure the length of your cam cap add and then add 3/4" for penetration into the head and you'll have your length..i hope this helps

Back