Need A Few Ideas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I HAVE A CHERRY RED 1992 HONDA CIVIC CX HATCHBACK. I BOUGHT THE CAR FOR CHEEP CAUSE IT WAS IN AN ACCIDENT. IVE SPENT BETWEEN $3500-$4000 IN RESTORING THE BODY BACK TO ORIGINAL. IM GONNA LEAVE IT THAT WAY, I LIKE THE STOCK LOOK. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 1995 LS SPECIAL EDITION B18B1 ENGINE. IM DEBATING WHEATHER TO PUT THE ENGINE IN, I JUST WANT A REALIABLE CAR THAT WOULD BEAT THOSE STOCK RICERS THAT THINK JUST BUY PUTTING ON A TYPE-R BAGE WILL MAKE THEM GO FASTER. IS IT WORTH SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY ON THIS? IVE ALSO BEEN HAVING TROUBLE FINDING A TRANNY IVE BEEN TOLD THAT A B18A1 TRANS WILL FIT AND WORK PROPERLY WITH MY ENGINE BUT I KINDA THINK ITS A BAD IDEA BECAUSE OF THE HIGHER MILEAGE. AND WHATS LS SPECIAL EDITIN MEAN ANYWAY? JUST THAT IT HAS 4 DOORS LEATHER SEATS AND ALLOY WHEELS OR IS THE ENGINE A LITTLE DIFFERENT? THANK YOU

Holy turn off your fucking capslock redhatch92!!!The B18A1 is a cable tranny and won't work in your car,you have a hydaulic transmission.You need a transmission from B18B1,B16siRII/A3/A2,or a B18C1/C5 or you need to get a conversion from HAsport.

No there is no diffrance really from that engine and any other b18b. That is a great engine and is a great swap for a civic. I would not recomend going with a b18a tranny because it is a cable clutch, your car has a hydralic clutch. Just look at any hydraulic b series tranny. If you ever plan to go turbo, just get a normal b18b cluctch, gsr or itr or b16a2 clutch if you can find one for cheap for natural asperating. The b18b tranny will also be good for natural asperating but you will not be as quick of the line because of the higher gears. It also makes you have better gas millage. This swap will make you beat the local ricers. That swap is very reliable. also Lay of the caps

the difference between LS and LS Special Edition was explained to me by the dealer whe i first bought my 96 LS Special Edition

Basically the difference is that its the exact same as th GSR minus the motor!!! oh wow big deal how special is that... but yeah just though i'd let you know

Back