need a tranny!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunyguy

I have a 98 prelude SH and I swapped a jdm 94 h22a in there.... does anyone have a tranny for sale that would fit? im not sure on f22 and h23 trannys but they may work... i was leaning more towards a 98 base model tranny.... need a new one cuz i had to get rid of the ATTS

why not use your stock tranny? ATTS was a Prelude thing. If you hate the tranny, you can use any H or F series tranny that you like. Is your tranny a manual? I don't think you'll have any problems if your car is manual. If it is an automatic then I think you would need the right tcu to make it all work right.

well the ATTS had to be ditched - it took place of the intermediate shaft - so the engine block was totally different. all the power came out of the tranny on that side, into the ATTS unit, then it either sent the power out of the other side to that wheel or sent some back through the tranny to the other wheel by means of another shaft that was wrapped around the original. what made the block different was oil filter placement - on the JDM motor - the oil filter got in the way of the traction control. had to ditch it. but the tranny is way different - cant use it. On the tranny the differential consisted of about 8 planetary gears and i tried to replace it... but it all didnt want to seal up correctly. I used a Ring gear from a 98 base model and a differential from a 92 SI. Then while putting it back together the housing cracked. :(

Back