Need Aluminum Welding - Will Pay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright. What's your cost sir?

What thickness should I go with? I'm thinking maybe thicker on the top bottom so I can thread the hose barbs and drain valves in.

And I need to get you the specs for the brackets.

To give you an idea, in my EK it's going to mount on the back of my passenger side shock tower, bolting into the tower and the place where my fuse box used to mount on the quarter panel side. I've got a battery and wire tuck so all that stuff has vacated that area.

It's a catch can. For doing what catch cans do. Removing toxins from the crankcase vent. Dual catch can so that it also keeps the valve cover vent clean too.

Nothing to do with battery relocation, except that it and the fusebox have been relocated, so hence that's a perfect spot for it.

For some reason I read your original post wrong and got confused.

Pay me no mind.

Ok, anyone want to give me their estimated costs? Since no one around me is even interested, I don't know whats reasonable. 200 bucks? Throwin that out there, lmk...

I'm still working on the blueprint. It's kind of hard to read at this point with so many lines since I was doing a transparent view, but working that out.

let me know when you have all the drawings done then I can figure out how much materials I'll need. As of right now I have 2 12" x12" .080 mill aluminum pieces that should be enough from the dimension you gave before. And it wont cost no 200 bucks maybe around the 60 to 80 range

Right on right on.

Alrighty, well at this point Mac_24_seven is taking care of it, we are set to have a phone discussion Monday. But I'll keep you informed, if I need your help instead I'll defiantly let you know! He said 100 for everything minus shipping and that's cool, I expected more.

Maybe though you can help me by double checking my blueprints when they're done (I got quite a load of work without warning the last few days).

Yes sir. And thanks again for involving him! Like I actually posted a couple posts ago, me and him are set to have a phone conversation about the details. Yayyyy I'll finally get this catch can done.... I hope... lol

Blueprints still in progress.... I'm actually at work now, but checkin up.

Be sure to post lots of pictures. And the blueprints too. Remember, information should be freeeeeeeeee!

lol that's really fine and cooool, but I'll have to poor man's patent it, juuuuust in case. :)

Who knows if it will catch on.... taha

Cry through this! lol

My friend was being slow so I made it up; got some free time. Please comment/critisize. I think the baffles should perform well enough to prevent splash up and remove the contaminants from the air.

Quick discription:
The "can" is a dual chamber container. It is split directly in the center creating 2 otherwise airtight chambers. Each chamber has 2 holes on top and 1 on bottom. The bottom holes threads a valve which serves as a drain plug. The top holes serve as inlet and outlet for the vacuum system. Each hole which directly lines up with the crack in the bottom of the baffles are used for incoming flow. Each hole which is semi sheilded by a baffle is used for outgoing flow.

I will need to do a little more revising with the braketry and a level indicator. This is preliminary, so all input is welcome!

Attachments

• Can.zip
    29.4 KB · Views: 366
hmm are you using Sketch Up version 7? I successfully opened this file on here at a friend's house off of this link. Obviously this is a .zip file which contains the .skp, but I'll say that anyway.

What sort of error are you getting exactly? You may need to extract the skp from the zip first.

Back