NEED HELP ASAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
Hey guys I am trying to help a buddy cars. I have everything hooked up and I can only get it to play quietly at max volume. Anyone have any information as to what I may have done wrong?

I don't know a whole lot about the entire system. We are basically replacing the stock deck with my recovered eclipse deck. It is going into a sentra se-r spec v and from my past experience with putting decks in it should have been straight forward. We grabbed a fit kit and a nissan wiring harness and spliced all of the wires. I tried to ground it in a few different spots but the same thing -barely audible sound with it on max volume.

We called one of the better install shops in town and they said that there might be an amp somewhere in the vehicle that is stock. We ran out of time today but we are going to try it again on Sunday. Any suggestions?

Where is a good place to ground?

what would be a good site to get some more info?

where would the amp possibly be located if there was one?

All SpecV's come with the Rockford Setup IIRC... Bypass the amp and you should be good...

ALTHOUGH... Some Eclipse decks ESN setup would do similar to what you described if you don't insert the correct ESN CD.

I know about the esn security and unfortunately the disc has disappeared as well. I called eclipse and they walked me through the steps to enter the unlock code. I will check for the amp in the car. thanks for all the help so far.

hook up the power ant wire or the or the amp turn on wire on the wire harness for the car that will turn on the amp. no need to bypass it you can just feed through it.

Back