Need Help Going V-tec!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KrUsHa

well i recently blew my motor in my 7thgen civic and its hard to find motors i had an lx (non v-tec) they want like 3000$ for a motor so i ran into a v-tec motor for the 7thgen for like 400$ with no problems and i was wondering to go v-tec do i have to get a new computer or wiring harness or whatever any help would be appreciated thanks

Ok, 1st things 1st--how in the hell did u blow a 3 year old motor? It should still be under warranty. 2nd, if you found a 7g Civic motor for 400, it's a.) not working b.) not a 7g, or c.) stolen. YOu could put a K20A2 in there (RSX Type S) but that would cost a lot more than 4k.

lol first of all its hardly a year old the motor it has 8000 miles on it its a 2002 and im getting this motor from my uncles friend and it happens to be a v-tec so what will i need to change my car to vtec do i even need to get a new computer or anytthing?

Originally posted by KrUsHa@Mar 22 2003, 10:44 AM
you cant drop a b series in they turn in a different way

I don't know thats just what I heard but I do know the K20A is a LOT of work and will cost you around $10,000

i hate people who talk that dont know yes you can drop a b-series in it spins the same way as the d17 the rsx motor spins the other way and also can go in.(honda tuning Hasport did it)

Originally posted by omega11855+Mar 22 2003, 05:40 PM-->
i hate people who talk that dont know yes you can drop a b-series in it spins the same way as the d17 the rsx motor spins the other way and also can go in.(honda tuning Hasport did it)
HAsport produces their own mounts,and unless they haven't updated their site,they aren't offering anything other than the K series into the 7th gen mount kits,besides the fact that it would be a wiring nightmare.If you can get the whole swap from your uncle go for it.

Baker Posted on Mar 22 2003
@ 04:17 PM
you can drop any b series in MUCH easier than a k20a

How do you figure? :rolleyes:

first of all you cant put a b serdies in it spins a different way i know ok ive looked into it so dont talk shit rsx and d16 spin the same way not d series :angry:

Yes you will need a new ECU. Also, the ignition swich is weird on them (security issue), i belive you need to take the ignition switch out of where ever you get the ecu from (could also be the engine)

I do not no alot about the 7th gen except a little about the SI so if I say something completely wrong, correct me. D and b series engines have the tranny on the passenger side of the car where as the K series (rsx, element, crv and SI engine) have the tranny on the right side. This means that they spin oppisite then the b and D. If someone put a k into a d series chassis, most likely they would have an engine with 5 gears of reverse and one really quick 1st gear. Unless they TOTALLY changed the d series for the 7th gen, you can still put a b series engine in there.

no the civic hes talking about come with the k-series (correct me if im wrong).

The civics with the b-series to k-series use k-series engine with the transmission it comes with. If you drop the b in with the k transmission youll notice the engine would be backwards, the vtec would be upsidedown!

Yes i know you use the k series tranny but the mounting points are totally diffrent.

About him with a K series in it, no, only the SI and the soon to be civic Type R have k Series. The rest are all d series.

Back