Need help with b18b1 build????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BBrowngsr

need so help with my build im doing a lsvtec turbo build looking to run a safe 450whp i have a b18b1 block darton sleeved i need to know what will be the best combo for pistons rods and main and rod barings i using the stock crank knowing that it should hold up to that much im using a..

gsr p72 head
skunk2 intake manifold
aem fuel rail and regulator
chipped ecu

and i need help with the bottom end im looking at cp pistons wiseco pistons if there is any other brand that will work i wanna be on a bugget but if i have to i will go the extra mile ... also i going with eagle rods

Lots of factors there and depends on what compression ratio you are looking for and how much boost, 450whp is almost 500 crank hp , will be overkill on a street car setup almost

I was thinking about 12 to 16 pounds of boost and with stock compression or would it be more reliable to run lower compression???

i good turbo street car IMO is around 9.5 CR. You'll make more power at 10, but you'll have better off-boost response than 9 and have some leeway for tuning error.

Tuning is key.
you'll need some large injectors (750-1000 cc) and something better than a 'generic' chipped ecu if you don't want this thing to blow up.

I would advise something better than eagle rods if you're really looking to hit 500.

I say pick up a healthy b18b for less than rebuild cost and run a small 7-9psi with a good tune and have a reliable 300-330hp

i good turbo street car IMO is around 9.5 CR. You'll make more power at 10, but you'll have better off-boost response than 9 and have some leeway for tuning error.

Tuning is key.
you'll need some large injectors (750-1000 cc) and something better than a 'generic' chipped ecu if you don't want this thing to blow up.

I would advise something better than eagle rods if you're really looking to hit 500.

Now I looking for a solid 400 Now that I look at the town I in the power will be usless are golden eagle not reliable? witch rod would be preferred for this type of build?

Now I looking for a solid 400 Now that I look at the town I in the power will be usless are golden eagle not reliable? witch rod would be preferred for this type of build?
Matt and I both used Eagle rods I believe. I'm running 9:1comp forged pistons but I'm staying non vtec so I'm just gonna feed my motor 20lbs of boost which will raise my effective compression significantly, making the lowered compression a good idea. Honestly for 400 I would copy Matt's build and use a slightly smaller turbo just so it spools faster since the extra power is mostly unnecessary without doing a lot of work to put it to the ground efficiently, otherwise it'll be a lot of one-wheel-peel.

Thank you guys helped a lot now that I know what direction I'm taking with my build I can move on with my build I will upload pics through out my build and keep you guys posted .....

Back