need some help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

igotacls

I have a totaled 2000 Civic LX sittin in my driveway. Its automatic and only got 30,000 miles on it. The city says I got to get rid of it. I really wanted to save the motor and tranny but I have no idea what I can swap that into. Im not looking to build a pocket rocket, Ive got a CL-S and thats enough for me but i would really like to throw that engine into something cheap so i could use it for a winter-beater. Im really not that familiar with Honda generations and motor types but i think if I tried I could do the swap. Can anyone let me know what the CHEAPEST and EASIEST swap would be? Im tryin to keep it under $1500. Any help would be geatly appreciated!!

Look into the regulations in your area. I have like 3 non-running cars in my drive-way, and the city can't do shit about it but bitch. :0

I was thinking of swapping it into a 92-95 Civic LX, EX, Si, etc. but will that motor work in that car? I know Si and EX are supposedly V-Tech. The engine I have is not. So Im not sure if that would work.

If your gonna get a 92-95 civic why don't you just get a running one? Personally I would sell the motor, piece it out to some people that need stock parts. I had a guy call me about my stock dx header. I told him 30 dollars. There is always someone that will buy some stock parts.

Back