Need some input

81 Toyota 4x4

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'da lowballed that guy after finding out the mileage, but that's just me.

64k is a huge fucking difference from 164k.

Well, here's the news. The bitch lied to me and to him 7 months ago. I got the report and it actually has 164,227. But still, that's nothin.
if she lied about it theres a VERY GOOD chance it has 264K and not 164...

164 = what they told the inspection station...

pull a compression test...
and pull the valve cover and look at the chain...
the chains tend to eat through the guides and wear holes through the water pump/timing chain cover area, thus leaking water into the motor...

she didn't lie to the dmv about it. basically it's the guy's fault who is selling it to me because he didn't get the report. he just believed her

even if you have to rebuild the engine in a year or two, that truck is in FANTASTIC condition. That's a steal of a price.

It's been MOSTLY rebuilt within the last 7 months when the guy, Chad, owned it. It was going to be a project truck for him. But his g/f broke her back, so he needed to sell it to pay for her shit. I definitely plan on getting all the body work taken care of (getting rid of all the rust on it, and rust-proofing it when that's all done). I plan on keeping this truck forever. I'll drive it till it quits, completely rebuild it, and drive it till it quits again.

Back