Need some suspension advice for my 94' LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shorelovr202

Integra Guy
Okay, here's the deal. I'm pretty new to the tuning world and Honda's as well. I picked up a 94' Integra LS in November. I currently have 15" aftermarket wheels(nothing special at all), an intake, and thats about it... big plans though. Probably a swap, K20A2, GSR, or Type-R. I have no real plans for racing or anything, maybe someday I'll go to get a track time. It is my daily driver. I love winding roads and weaving through turnpike traffic. I'm looking to keep the bill for my struts and shocks under a grand. I want to drop it as much as I can, but still be able to eat turns and have my fun. I don't know whether to buy coilovers, or separates or what. I may get a body kit, its up in the air. So, I guess my questions are... what will give me good handling for my driving habits, stay in my price range, allow for a nice drop without compromising a future body kit, whats better, coilovers or shocks and springs. It doesn't need to be comfortable... I didn't buy a cadilac, I bought this car for a reason. I need it to hug turns and look good. Has anyone bought or used sprint lowering springs. They have a mean drop... if so, what struts work well with them? I've looked at ground control coilovers with yellow koni's for 800, skunk2 racing coilovers with red koni's(both packages modacar offers) Tein N1 type full coilovers for 600. I was also considering buying a weapon-r front strut tower bar and a rear weapon-r crossbar(c-pillar and strut combo) to compliment my new springs and shocks. Any opinions on what to get would be greatly appreciated.:D

no advice??? how many people want to read this without opinions? I need a different site. Sorry to bother everyone at Hondaswap.

Well for under a grand im not postive what ya could get that is good. I would try skunk 2 coil overs if I were you, some decent tires as well. I had Tien Coil overs, Mugen SwayBars, a Camber kit with Rod arms and Tie ends with Sumutono ZRI tires with Enki Maxuim Giult rims on my coupe before my motor swap, thing hugged turns in Auto Cross like a lotus... but that was like 5-8k haha

Well, I do plan on spending real money on this... shocks/springs or coilovers with my crossbar and upper strut bar is my starting point. I'm not even in the rim market yet, at least not for about 4 months or so. But, I grew up in the sticks, and there are alot of windy country roads I love to hug... I'm not so much a track person, but when my car gets to that point as I go, I will eventually change what I buy now. For the mean time though... I just want a nice set-up that'll hold the road like glue. A grand maybe 2 if I must. I hear skunk2 coilovers are bouncy and rough. So maybe I'll check out the yellow koni's and ground control coilovers. Anyone know about neuspeed springs?

Back