New Car/Truck Opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what about a colorado/canyon?

I would go with a Silverado over the Colorado. My old 2005 ext cab 4wd with the highoutput 5.3 would get upto 22-24mpg on backroads and on the highway. It wasn't all the time but it happened. I usually averaged 15-17 city and 19-21 hwy. More power and room than the Colorado.

I may be taking in a Colrado.

not very impressed. I-5 motor is a waste.

you can still tow but for the overal package you get it would be wiser to get a Silverado.
Even the smaller V6 will work for you.

Once again, a forester type vehicle will be better.
Enclosed, better MPG's than a truck, more comfy for all and of course AWD while still maintaining super awesome turning radius.

seriously, go test drive one. It turns much better than my Acura RSX.

wagons are out
i've had to come home and drive up the driveway in snow that my diff's dragged through on my mazda with 33's on it
i don't see any wagon being able to handle that task, it would be tough enough with a truck with OE wheels on it

i was looking into colorados but the mileage and resale didn't make up for the price
if you look at one with the small motor and 4wd with extended cab, and auto transmission you're about the same price as a tacoma with similar specs, in which case its a very simple decision
the colorado would have the be priced about 5k lower than a tacoma for me to consider it, because it would be a run to 100k vehicle and then flip it before shit starts to go wrong

its kinda of hard for me to consider anything low at this point in time, being as mortality is a very real issue for me
i want to be up higher so i don't take a bumper to the head from any of the asshat winter drivers with their big suv's and trucks in a side impact

images
or

vs

images

i'll take the pickup. subarus are only cool if you are mr. outdoors or have an STI. (not std, but both carry kayaks)

i'll take the pickup. subarus are only cool if you are mr. outdoors or have an STI. (not std, but both carry kayaks)

99% LESS CHANCE IF HE WEARS PROTECTION........:ph34r:

so having a truck is not outdoors? :mellow:

I think I would rather be comfy while hauling or towing. ;)
c'mon man, I sell Subaru!

don't forget about what the man really needs and not just our opinions.
I vote Forester.
images

no taco, you're right. the truck is outdoors. i'm just talking about mr. kayak/mtn. climb/urban assault/REI discount carrying guy.

outback=bmw for wilderness junkies

it's a status symbol. lol

id would take the tacoma over a subby.. ive had two yota's and the damn things would go any where. maybe the subby would to but i like the way tacoma's look and always been a yota truck fan..

i drive a subaru.
im not a very outdoorsy type.

you'll make the choice you want in the end.
but dont rule out subaru till you drive one.
and do what taco says, drive the forester. the outbacks are great, but if you dont want a wagon, and want something that will have you sitting a little higher, then the forester is what you want.

plus, you can buy lifting kits or lowering kits, whichever you need as well as well as aftermarket skid plates for the front and rear dif, that range in thickness between- I dont want this snow to mess my oil pan up, all the way to- take that you fucking boulder.

I'd go with what I said before. A toyota. Yeah subaru's are nice, but their awd system has nothing on a 4wd system with low and hill assist.

And you can't put a motorcyle/atv/dirtbikes in the back of a subaru, but you can in a toyota. And it has a much higher resale value.

Back