New Mower

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
Sold my dads MTD Yardman 42" 17.5HP for $500 on CL...deck was rusting out...so bad that the bagger wouldn't connect to the shoot..

I wanted a high quality mower that would last...It seems like almost ever brand out there is mass produced by MTD like Cub Cadets, Some Toros, some John Deeres,Troy Built...And almost everything sold at big Box Stores or other retailers...

So i reviewed mowers for the past 2 days....just picked up this bad boy..

Simplicity Regent 46" 23HP

3349.jpg

3348.jpg

Just did my first cut today and what a machine this is...its a beauty....real nice even cuts....a lot better turning radius..very solid with nice 12 gauge stamped steel....

I like that you can hook a hose up to the deck and rinse out the grass under the deck...

Hoping this thing will last about 15-20 years or more with proper care.

so how much more would you have had to throw on top of that to get yourself a zero-turn and cut your mowing time in half if not more?

so how much more would you have had to throw on top of that to get yourself a zero-turn and cut your mowing time in half if not more?

I could have purchased a Ariens Zoom 34" Zero Turn for $200 more but i did't want to loose 8" of cutting... or 42" for $500 bucks more, Or a Toro Time Cutter SS for around the same prices...

the problem with Zero Turns, well, they don't have problems...i need to be able to put it on my truck and store it in my shed ..i also only have a half acre so it doesn't take long at all...and now with a 46"inch deck, cutting is even faster....plus my Simplicity is 1MPH faster then my old Yardman.

It's crazy how this industry works. Ariens tractors are made by Husqvarva(except their zero turns). And Sears Craftsman are made by American Yard who is owned by Husqvarna who is owned by Electrolux, the vaccum people.

go figure

Before I got my zero turn, I ran a 25 year old Simplicity Sunstar garden tractor. That thing was a beast. The 60" deck was shaft driven, not belt. Everything on it was high grade and serviceable. Once you go zero turn, you wont go back. I cut 1.5 acres in 35 minutes with my now 51" deck. This is less than half the time it took with the 60" tractor.

If I had 1.5 acres I would have bought a Bobcat fastcat ...or even a simplicity zero turn ...possibly a ferris..

Nothing looks better than stripped out turf! Looks really nice

yeah i have already gotten compliments from my neighbors....i love it...i just need a little more practice on how to do my yard because it's a pie shaped lot so it's hard to figure out how the pattern should be

im open to suggestions

3351.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i have already gotten compliments from my neighbors....i love it...i just need a little more practice on how to do my yard because it's a pie shaped lot so it's hard to figure out how the pattern should be

im open to suggestions

3351.jpg

if your in to the overall health of your turf you should alternate it every time you mow. just pick an angle when you start and keep your lines straight. it will prevent tire ruts and turf starting to lay down permanently in a particular direction. even if you have good firm, well draining soil you will eventually create ruts if you mow the same patter for to long. your doing a killer job keeping things healthy.

if your in to the overall health of your turf you should alternate it every time you mow. just pick an angle when you start and keep your lines straight. it will prevent tire ruts and turf starting to lay down permanently in a particular direction. even if you have good firm, well draining soil you will eventually create ruts if you mow the same patter for to long. your doing a killer job keeping things healthy.

good tip....makes sense....

Yeah costs a lot of money to keep a lawn up lol..

i just installed a irragation system couple weeks ago. That should help keep things looking nice

Back