New Parts and Now Vibration Under Certain Acceleration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the axle poped out because "new" axles suck. Autozones rebuilt axles, cardone brand is best. Trust me they work.

when you hammered the stud in you fucked up the hub and bearing, they are probably off by a few thous and thats enough to make it vibrate(thats why they MUST be pressed in). Replace the whole hub.

shouold fix your problem.

I wasn't trying to be an a-hole i was just trying to help you i know you don't want to hear its your transmission. I was just trying to save you some time on changing 10 axles. You can try what Magna said it may be the hub assembly but i have never heard of them vibrating. There is a good chance that it may be in the bearings where the axles ride on in the trans.

Popped out again....on my way to the transmission shop. Then the head guy at the shop talked with me, took it for a ride and......the axle popped out! And the best crap of it all.....he thinks the vibration is the driver's side axle.....bad axles....and I'm thinking this professional has given me no insight, education or crap! Couldn't pop it back in and they were closing.

So my car is at their shop and I'm putting the other passenger axle I have in it after work tomorrow. But that is the other side of the car.....no my vibrating side.

Magana.......you think its the hub bearing.....everyone tells me I would hear it but you say you had a similar problem????? Please elaborate on this as best as you can! You think I need to replace the whole hub?? So the actual hub is jacked....no just the bearing?

Last edited:
the hub might be bad but i dont think it would cause the axle to pop out like that... thats a odd one i never heard of an axle popping out before.

No no....its popping out of the passenger side from the second "new" axle but my vibration is on the driver's side (put a total of 3 "new" ones on this side)....the driver's side is where I replaced the wheel stud and may have messed up my hub.

The passenger axle doesn't slide in like other axles have.....it just doesnt feel right. When its seated....it will slide out way too easy

I have another "new" passenger axle I'm putting back in tomorrow

The whole hub needs to be replaced or just the hub bearing??

I can get a used OEM hub from a recycler but wouldn't be able to do it until this weekend. But that also means new ball joint too. I really don't care as long as it fixes it!

Last edited:
this just seems odd a hub wouldn't cause this to happen, even if the ball joint is bad i wouldn't have that much play in it to move the axle out. and it is coming out of the half shaft or do you have a d motor.

No its NOT the driver's side that the axle is popping out.....I have TWO horrible things going on.

#1 Driver's side has vibration not sure if its the hub or the half shaft. I hammered on that wheel stud to get it in so it seems odd that the half shaft is the culprit but almost eveyone thinks the hub can't be the issue

#2 Passenger side axle (from Reibes) is popping out directly at transmission but I have another one to replace and it wasnt popping out (O'Reilly's)

B16A swap in 92 Civic Si

Last edited:
oh ok i see i thought you said it was the drivers side popping out of my bad... man i hate to say this but it really sounds like the trans is bad. the retainers inside the trans aint holding the axle very well on the passenger side and the trans bearing on the drivers side could be shot

The retainer is on the male end of the passenger axle not in the trans. Inside the trans....its just a female and the clip is suppose to hold it from popping out but its not holding for some reason
But The driver's side has a retainer on the half shaft

Last edited:
check the retainer on the axle after it pops out make sure it aint damaged.. and i meant the part in the trans that hold the retainer and axle in..

The part on the trans? What is the retainer on that side? I just know the female gears go a few inches in and thats where the c-clip retainer on the axle clicks .......???? Are you saying to check the =female end for damage from the c-clip (retainer)??

Last edited:
The Reibes passenger axle seemed a tiny bit shorter (maybe 1/8") than the O'Reilly axle when axles where side by side and compressed

Looking up parts.....will a half shaft for a Integra be alright in my B16? I figure its fine but not sure

ok got a pointer i just read a craiglist car for sale and it says it has axle problem keeps popping out says its too short so that is most likely your problem. i think the ls axles are the same if not get a gsr axle.

Yeah I think the one in there is a little short. I got the O'Reilly one still so I'm going to put it in today and worry about the driver's side vibration later this week.

In terms of the driver's side: It seems very unlikely that its the hub but it also seems very unlikely that 3 different axles make the driver's side vibrate. It MUST be from me hammering that wheel stud in......what ever....I'll just spend the money to have a new hub abd bearing put in.

My hands are all knuckle busted, my lower back is all out of whack, and my arms are all brushed up.....I have admitted defeat!

lol i was defeated along time ago but i still crawl under these hondas and do what i do. but yeah try the hub and bearing it will be cheaper than a tranny. if that doesn't fix it then i would look into a trans that maybe you could try out to see if it changes "borrow one."

Put the O'Reilly's axle on the passenger side. The trans gear look good but the Reibe's axle (that kept popping out) the gears were rounded off on the end. I swapped them out (I am getting fast at it too....took me less than 30 minutes total lol) and I put some oil in the transmission (it leaked a little when the axle would pop out). Car seems fine and the axle is still seated....so far, so good.

I'm in the middle of getting a quote on a whole new hub assembly installed. I am wondering if I buy a new hub......I figure it will come with the bearing already pressed in.....so my question is; will it be something I could do myself??? I'm scared on the quote I am going to get lol

yeah the hub will come with a bearing installed. and its not that hard to change.. if you can do a motor swap then you can swap out the hub assembly, it is easier if you find a good used hub assembly with everything attached...glad to hear the axle hasn't popped out yet.. i hopping to hear its not the trans...

Back