New Parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

essex21

With all the parts below anybody want to estimate hp at the wheels with this combo.
(somebody just got back from TDY overseas and decided to spend it all on his car)
Oh yeah....how about a ZC motor in the same car with all those parts ( there swappable)
:blink: ;)

projector headlights: 9.4 whp
carbon altezzas: 12.6 whp
clear corners/hyperwhites: 3.7 whp
short shifter: 2.1 whp
a/f gauge: 1.9 whp

if all this is on a d16 i'm guessing 135 whp maybe

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Dec 23 2002, 11:29 AM

lmmfao :werd:
s3e073d1fe7617.jpg

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Dec 23 2002, 11:29 AM

adam where are you getting all of these ricer mods, i dont see any of them in his sig.

But adam i think you are a little of on the carbon altezzas giving 12.6 whp, they normally give like in extra 15-22.00000000000000000000000000009 whp. Damn it adam get it right :D

Originally posted by essex21@Dec 23 2002, 01:47 AM
With all the parts below anybody want to estimate hp at the wheels with this combo.
(somebody just got back from TDY overseas and decided to spend it all on his car)
Oh yeah....how about a ZC motor in the same car with all those parts ( there swappable)
:blink: ;)

Realistically?

-----

93 4Dr HONDA CIVIC DX
Mods:
AEM cold air intake, MSD SCI ignition with rev limiter, AEM cam gear, Chikara 4-2-1 header, BOMZ Hi-Flow racing cat, Magnaflow full cat back exhaust, B&M command flow fuel modifier and pressure gauge, AEM fuel rail, Autometer A/F guage and pod cluster, Zex Nitrous kit (55 shot untill new rings and pistons ), Short shifter,Ground control coilovers, Enkei rs6 16`s with Falken tires.

Illusionz

-----

I boldfaced everything that could actually give you more power... but it's honestly not going to be much. You have the DX engine, which is the D15B7- and it's already got breathing issues in the higher revs because of the head, so the bolt-ons won't help you as much as they would on a D16Z6 SOHC VTEC engine. Let's start with your baseline- 102hp and 98lbft of torque. Since this is a VERY inexact science, I'm going to guess that intake/header/exhaust is going to get you maybe 10hp at the crank. Maybe. The cat isn't going to do much for you because it's not really a restriction with your engine's flow rates, and the cam gear isn't going to do a damn thing unless you got it adjusted and tuned on a dyno. You don't need more spark, so your MSD setup isn't going to help either. You don't really need an aftermarket fuel rail at your power level, and the "flow modifier"... Of course gauges/shifter/suspension aren't going to do a damn thing toward increasing power output either.

This is my guess. Given a 15% power loss to the wheels, and assuming that you're making maybe 10hp or so more than stock, and assuming that your engine's stock output is the exact same as the factory rating, and is in the exact same condition now as the engine Honda measured for the factory power rating... I'm going to guess that you might be putting out 112-115hp at the crank, which would translate to 95-97hp at the wheels. Add your 55 shot of ZEX (assuming again that it increases exactly 55hp at the crank) and you might be looking at 140whp... maybe.

The only way to really tell is to hit a dyno... and even then, air temperature, air density, humidity, etc will have an effect on what power output you show with your car.

I don't know why I felt like typing this all out when it's in the FAQ saying "We can't tell you" but I just felt like showing you how inexact a science this really is. Go hit up a dyno and don't try to guess on paper!

AEM cold air intake, Chikara 4-2-1 header, BOMZ Hi-Flow racing cat, Magnaflow full cat back exhaust = 5 horse
MSD SCI ignition with rev limiter, = none
AEM cam gear -5 to + 5 depending on how it was tuned
B&M command flow fuel modifier and pressure gauge, AEM fuel rail, Autometer A/F guage and pod cluster none
Zex Nitrous kit (55 shot untill new rings and pistons ), 55
Short shifter,Ground control coilovers, Enkei rs6 16`s with Falken tires. none, and take off sometime for heavy ass wheels

i say you are pretty much stock + a 55 shot. so, 125 + 55 = 180 - 14% (average honda tranny loss) = 25.2 loss
so 180 - 25 = 156@wheels

take off 10 effect horses for the heavy and bigger wheels

me and calesta are pretty similar :)

For all of you that tried to help...thank you. For the rest of you..if I wanted to hear a bunch of assholes talk I`d use a public restroom.I thought this was a help forum . My bad

i have an idea for you ... bring the car to a dyno and find out how much it really has.... our guesses dont really mean a whole hell of a lot

Everyone's messing with you because this is a help forum.The problem is there is NO WAY to say what horse power you have with mods.The best you can hope for is to have a stock motor then you can guess that the manufactures specs are within 5hp + or -.Then you could realisticly get a number.As a whole we can help you fix problems and point you in the right directions,but too many people want to know something that nobody knows,without a dyno test.

Back