new payroll taxes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bonus...? whats that? My dads idea of a Bonus is to take us golfing. Sure it's fun, but I can't pay off debt with golf. lol

Honestly can't complain though. He's done a lot more for me than I can ever begin to repay.

My "bonus" is really just part of my pay. I don't make a real living wage otherwise. I get paid per unit sold and delivered. I don't have any say in how many cars get sold, but my "bonus" paycheck is a per unit amount on every car I deliver.

My "bonus" is really just part of my pay. I don't make a real living wage otherwise. I get paid per unit sold and delivered. I don't have any say in how many cars get sold, but my "bonus" paycheck is a per unit amount on every car I deliver.

How are you doing in the sales aspect?

Yup.

I've stayed at my job for 8 years now because I've been steadily promoted. I'm now looking at moving elsewhere to make more and to try something new. Willing to relocate!

BTW, anyone familiar with Greenwich CT?

25.3% bonus? yearly increase? fuck im in the wrong industry.

i'm in my best bonus ever, at 10%.
and still have yet to EVER recieve a raise at ANY company i ever worked for, without changing jobs/positions. 'cost of living' raise i guess they call it.
We have our standard 2-4% raises. When we were VeriSign I had a 20% target bonus, RSU grants every year, and a 2 year lookback on ESPP allowing you to contribute 25% of your salary to. Those were the good 'ol days. I made over 200k the last year I worked there from all the fringe benefits on top of my salary. Now at Symantec we get piddly RSU's (if you're lucky to get any), 10% bonus for managers, no ESPP look back only the initial 15% cost cut in the purchase.

Greenich is snob central. million dolalr + for a starter home. it's basically where all the big wigs who work in manhattan who have families live.

i'd never live there.

There's some suburbs that aren't too far, but the commute in sucks. tons of traffic. and even the surrounding areas are pricey. if its not for 130+, i'd pass.

I would take any bonus and be happy lol its been almost 10 years since I've got a bonus but that's bc I work for the gubmnt

There's some suburbs that aren't too far, but the commute in sucks. tons of traffic. and even the surrounding areas are pricey. if its not for 130+, i'd pass.
Its for 170. But I'm the only income earner.

Its for 170. But I'm the only income earner.

170k a year....i'd move anywhere for that kind of salary...who are you blowing to get that kinda of income lol...B is right though , living in Greenwich 500k gets you a crappy start up home or a very small 2/1 condo thats probably nice

I'd probably do it for 170. For about a year or two before i got fed up with it at least.
And then, good luck finding that salary again without having to take the train into the city every day.
Be ready for a stressful hour plus commute.
15 and 95 are basically parking lots at most commuter times of day.
rte 1 has traffic lights every 10 feet.
And don't forget CT is horrible for taxes, especially for high earners. You'll probably end up taking home 40k. lol

170k a year....i'd move anywhere for that kind of salary...who are you blowing to get that kinda of income lol...B is right though , living in Greenwich 500k gets you a crappy start up home or a very small 2/1 condo thats probably nice
haha, it is a software development management position for an online health care provider. Sounds like the bay area. My house is worth $520k now and is 1300 sq ft 3bdr/2ba home built 50 years ago.

I'd probably do it for 170. For about a year or two before i got fed up with it at least.
And then, good luck finding that salary again without having to take the train into the city every day.
Be ready for a stressful hour plus commute.
15 and 95 are basically parking lots at most commuter times of day.
rte 1 has traffic lights every 10 feet.
And don't forget CT is horrible for taxes, especially for high earners. You'll probably end up taking home 40k. lol
It sounds like another bay area to me, just colder and worse weather.

Cheap house just outside of the city? My sister just got a 2200sq-ft, 3bd/2.5ba house for about $200k( .68acres of land) last year. Only problem is she has to drive about 40mins to work(all highway IIRC I40 and US70 bypass; so she's going at least 70mph the whole time)

How are you doing in the sales aspect?

I don't actually sell. I suck at sales. I would never take another sales job after the few I have tried. I'm great at conveying information, I'm terrible at making someone buy. It's a personal thing, I don't like taking advantage of people.

It's automatically controlled by New York Life and i don't have the time or effort to research it to manualy imput my contributions. I have to trust that a compnay rated A++ by AM Best knows what they are doing.
Now I'm no finance guru, but to me it sounds like it would be greatly worth your time and effort to do some research and manually contribute to the various funds/markets within your 401K. Like J said, the past few years have been a great recovering period since 2008, and I'd imagine (and hope) it will continue in this direction. I've made about 18% ROI on mine over the past year with a moderately risky configuration. Even the SAFEST funds with the least amount of risk should be making more than 2%.

Most of these funds are junk... i agree. frankly, if my company didn't match, and i'd be throwing out free money, i probably wouldn't contribute to it. If you take out the match money, i'm losing money.

American taxpayer relief act? So they relieve you of your money? I'm so glad I'm not a productive member of society.

Who still holds a job they had 2 years ago these days? everyone moves around, makes different money, etc etc... it's hard to compare to something when it wasn't there before.

I do. :(

But to be fair, I'm going to be getting approximately a 45% raise this year when the new position opens up.

Last edited:
Back