new payroll taxes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My wife got her bonus today, effectively 43% was taken out. Its been a high % before, but not this high :(

I know, I know, don't bitch, its bonus money...

Why should your wife keep her money? It's not as if the government doesn't own her and deserve a cut of most everything. :rolleyes:

from my understanding, it depends on the company's accounting philosophies.

As a government employee, I remember it being 52%.

But that may have been when I was a Defense Contractor. I'll look when my bonus comes in on the 7th.

Work hard and get more money taken away, sit at home and do nothing get free money

Just a follow-up, my wife is getting an additional $800 deposited on Wednesday as payroll screwed up. I knew the % was too high. Hello new mattress time :)

This is the second time they've screwed up this year, they only paid 25 out of 26 pay checks from 2012 so she's getting an additional pay next month lol

My paycheck is much less. Especially after coming out of the end of 2012 where my paychecks no longer had any SS deduction at all because I passed the max for the year a few months before. :(

I didn't even look at mine yet :X i just saw the notifcation from ADP and proceeded to ignore checking it until the 20th when i do my monthly bills.

Work hard and get more money taken away, sit at home and do nothing get free money

Too true.

In twenty years of work, I've missed a handful of months to being unemployed. I know guys that work six months then take six off paid unemployment benefits. :huh:

I finally looked at my paycheck.
$68 less.
X2 a month = 138
x12 =
$1656

perspective:
that's more than I spend to heat my home for a year.

Back