New site...Forums

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

God, this is turning into the fucking hormel story

Hormel is suing some joschmo company that stops SPAM (email) because they feel it is interfering with their copyright/patent on SPAM the luncheon meat...

now we have someone saying that they own a company called import tech and that everyone that uses those two words to describe something, needs to be changed.

oi ve

what is this world coming to

Originally posted by CivicRacingGirl7+Jul 12 2003, 09:02 AM-->
Domeskilla
@Jul 11 2003, 08:30 PM
He doesn't have to, you dont own the words "import tech". You own the site, not the words which are of the english language.

Import tech, import tech, import tech... wanna try and sue me now? :D

I own the business = Import Tech

Congrats, but you do NOT own the words, Import Tech.. i can use them all i want as long as i do NOT use them in the manor of making it look affiliated to you.

I told a friend of mine i did a honda swap about 6 months ago, i guess i better call my lawyer b/c Brian is going to sue me eh? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CivicRacingGirl7+Jul 12 2003, 09:02 AM-->
Domeskilla
@Jul 11 2003, 08:30 PM
He doesn't have to, you dont own the words "import tech". You own the site, not the words which are of the english language.

Import tech, import tech, import tech... wanna try and sue me now? :D

I own the business = Import Tech

Ya sweetie, i would have to agree with Codee (Domeskilla) on this one.

you MAY own the actual business name, but when it comes to internet domains and the various links contained within, im afraid you cant do anything about him using the word "import-tech"

now, if his site (index file) was named "import tech" then you may have a case agasint him....maybe not.

but for him to use the word, "import tech" there is nothing your sweet little tits can do about it.

Now do us all a favor and shut your fucking piss-flaps :D

So now your want all people who have been using import tech for many years, probably before you started your business to stop using it. :spam: :hmm:

Actually....

if you can find someone that has been using the words "import tech" before this chick has, you can sue HER for trademark infringement.....

:lol: :worthy:

Originally posted by karnash@Jul 12 2003, 04:38 PM
Actually....

if you can find someone that has been using the words "import tech" before this chick has, you can sue HER for trademark infringement.....

if it were trademarked...

however, the site was created after the business was established, therefore giving me every right to ask that they change the name. did i mention filing a suit against it? no. i asked that they changed the name, but it appears some people aren't courteous enough these days to do so :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CivicRacingGirl7+Jul 13 2003, 10:20 PM-->
@Jul 12 2003, 04:38 PM
Actually....

if it were trademarked...

however, the site was created after the business was established, therefore giving me every right to ask that they change the name. did i mention filing a suit against it? no. i asked that they changed the name, but it appears some people aren't courteous enough these days to do so :rolleyes:

Why? he doesn't have to. I used Import Tech and Domestic Tech on my site that i made back in the 90's for school. So I used it before you did. You should be curtious then, eh? I also use Import Tech on my current board, try telling me to change it and i'll just laugh at you.

This isnt to flame you, i've been to your board, but you're just crazy to ask someone to change their site b/c you own a domain, you own just that, a domain, not the words, or how they are used.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 13 2003, 10:42 PM
Why? he doesn't have to. I used Import Tech and Domestic Tech on my site that i made back in the 90's for school. So I used it before you did. You should be curtious then, eh? I also use Import Tech on my current board, try telling me to change it and i'll just laugh at you.

This isnt to flame you, i've been to your board, but you're just crazy to ask someone to change their site b/c you own a domain, you own just that, a domain, not the words, or how they are used.

Since using the words on a web site does not make it trademarked, then there wouldn't be anything you could do about it anyway. If you re-read my posts, I never said he HAD to. I ASKED that they would.

Originally posted by CivicRacingGirl7+Jul 13 2003, 11:12 PM-->
Domeskilla
@Jul 13 2003, 10:42 PM

Since using the words on a web site does not make it trademarked, then there wouldn't be anything you could do about it anyway. If you re-read my posts, I never said he HAD to. I ASKED that they would.

I know, but why ask when you know its obsurd to even do so. Its like you're trying to throw it around like you own it.

him using "import tech" as a forum name in no way implies any afiliation with your company or website though.... i mean the forum directly above it is "domestic tech"
its in the "tech forums" group... its dedicated to imports.... what else would you call it "technical information dedicated to imported automobiles" doesnt quite roll off the tounge

Originally posted by karnash@Jul 12 2003, 04:12 PM

Now do us all a favor and shut your fucking piss-flaps :D

thats some funny shit..piss flaps....
seriously though, it's this same gay ass shit that is keeping "The New TNN" from changing their name to the Spike network because that little racist fuck Spike Lee is suing them. He says he owns the name and doesn't want his audience to think he is affiliated or endorsing it (like his core audience watches Trucks or Bill Dance Outdoor Fisherman or whatever). So Spike Lee is being countersued by the family of Spike Jones, an old blues musician saying if Lee thinks he owns the name, then they really own it because Jones was around first. It makes me feel sad for the Guy named Spike Jones I went to high school with...... :huh:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 13 2003, 11:33 PM
him using "import tech" as a forum name in no way implies any afiliation with your company or website though.... i mean the forum directly above it is "domestic tech"
its in the "tech forums" group... its dedicated to imports.... what else would you call it "technical information dedicated to imported automobiles" doesnt quite roll off the tounge

:lol:

Domeskilla

ya, i mean so you own a site...big fucking deal....
if i was him, i wouldnt change the name. just to spite ;)
IF there is no trademark infringement, and no wrong-doing going on...

Play Ball !!!!!

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 13 2003, 11:33 PM
its in the "tech forums" group... its dedicated to imports....

exactly.

girls always think they run the world. like because theyre girls everyone will bow to them and follow thier every command.

this may be true in some cases, but for anyone to expect that kind of treatment is just absurd.

its a section in a forum, not even the forum itself. how does this affect you and your business?

i guess you should start searching the internet and beyond for people using your phrase and ask them to change it.

Domeskilla

exactly why women should not be in business.

they get a little bit of power and it goes to their heads, then they turn around and
attack anything that has a penis in order to satisfy some sadistical urge.

PENIS ENVY AND BUSINESS DO NOT GO HAND IN HAND.

just imagine if this chick was at some corporation.....she would be a fucking
ball-breaker. or at the least under my desk..... :lol: :lol:

Back