new to hondaswap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its an old jeep cherokee, its mine i should know. and those are upright headers, straight pipe is more flow right? very functional.

and the 509 was originally a 502 crate motor straight from chevy

OK 502, thats the other possibility i was thinking about but why is it only stroked to 509, is there a lot of TQ and HP gain from that? Is that the most you could stroke that motor?

well, its my fathers truck..its in a circuit called MMBA (maine mud bog association). they race all summer all over maine and 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and etc. get points that add up over the season. the winner gets cash and a big ass trophy (he won 2 years running). he likes to drive it on the street once in a while so he wanted a mild stroke now, and gain a little more displacement for future mods. the thing screams..its on the bottle as well..direct port 300 shot. i got videos at home :D

damn what kind of power does that shit put out? I know that the 502 crate puts out like 502/500 or something like that right? Was the dyno run with the spray?

nice setup, must sound nice, i saw i=one of those 502's in a camaro and that thing was ridiculously loud, just what i like, haha. theres nothing like the sound of a V8, no matter what power it puts out, that shit will always sound good.

the dyno wasnt run with the spray..but it puts out over 1100 on the bottle. yes the stock crate 502 doe sput out about 500/500. it does sound mean..he drags it once in a while, thats when he uses spray it sounds like its gonna explode..the exhaust is right off the header..3 inch custom welded headers...had to form them outside the frame, the motor is too wide. its is stupid loud..when its stomped on ur ears feel like u poked them a little too deep with a q tip..u know that feeling?

whats up mang? Im from Maine as well i live in Auburn, welcome and enjoy your stay and also pm me sometime and we could chill somtime u seem cool and down to earth.

And ya better hope no ones in the line of fire if and when that shit does blow. that'll be like blowin a top fuel motor, shrapnel everywhere

Originally posted by senate_9427@Apr 8 2004, 10:40 PM
Damn i'm fuckin jealous, i wish i could have that motor, or atleast any running one in my '71 truck

are u making the 71 a project? a good website for big block or small block anything is www.racingjunk.com

check it out u mind find something u like

Yeah i got the truck for $600, it runs but needs a rebuild bad and some new fenders, hood, and stuff. I want to take the 350 and either do a 383 or just build it. Either way im gonna stay with the 350 cause a friend will do all the removal, rebuild and shit for cheap, so i will mostly jsut have to worry about parts. thanks for the link, i'll check it out

Back