New Toy Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lots of people at my work.... lol i see them everywhere with the add-on wheels, m-sport kit, etc etc..

The great thing (or shitty thing) is the resale on those. All those options are just about moot after about 5 years.

lots of people at my work.... lol i see them everywhere with the add-on wheels, m-sport kit, etc etc..

that's insane to me. I love my car but i got the price down to 40k. no i don;t have all the fancy options but that's fine by me. I just wanted a nice car that was AWD and great gas mileage. However, even if i had the money i would never buy a 61,000 BMW 328I. That's just retarded.

I would how ever rock this for around 57k

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...8989&minPrice=50000&listingId=373130487&Log=0

that's insane to me. I love my car but i got the price down to 40k. no i don;t have all the fancy options but that's fine by me. I just wanted a nice car that was AWD and great gas mileage. However, even if i had the money i would never buy a 61,000 BMW 328I. That's just retarded.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...8989&minPrice=50000&listingId=373130487&Log=0

what are considered "fancy" options these days? so much stuff is coming standard. maybe 19" wheels, laser headlights, and collision warning?

I thought you didn't buy cars at all....

FWIW my 20K ecobox has 2-stage heated leather front seats, backup cam, self dimming rear view mirror with homelink, 4 wheel ABS/traction control, 8 speaker stereo with center channel and sub, auto up/down drivers window, etc etc.

FWIW my 20K ecobox has 2-stage heated leather front seats, backup cam, self dimming rear view mirror with homelink, 4 wheel ABS/traction control, 8 speaker stereo with center channel and sub, auto up/down drivers window, etc etc.

that's my point. what options are left that cause $30k more?!?

what are considered "fancy" options these days? so much stuff is coming standard. maybe 19" wheels, laser headlights, and collision warning?

In a BMW, everything is an option

Leather, back up cam, heated seats, Xm radio, moonroof, alarm system,

I am referring to fancy features/safety features such as:

360 degree cameras, park assist, lane assist, blind spot detection, Xeon headlights, stuff like that that just rack up the price

sport package
luxury package
extended napa leather
different wheels
bluetooth/nav

that's liek 10k

sport package
luxury package
extended napa leather
different wheels
bluetooth/nav

that's like 10k

however, build an Audi A4 Presitge Quattro...you get a whole shitload of options in that car for $44,000

Exterior
  • Singleframe® grille
  • Adaptive xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights
  • Automatic headlights
  • LED taillights
  • Power-adjustable, auto-dimming, heated exterior side mirrors with memory
  • Front and rear fog lights
  • Headlight washing system
  • Dual exhaust outlet
  • Aluminum trim around exterior windows
  • LED turn-indicator lights integrated into the exterior side mirrors
  • Heated windshield washer nozzles
  • S line® exterior appearance
Interior
  • Three-zone automatic climate control
  • Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel
  • Tilt and telescopic manually adjustable steering column
  • Folding and sliding front center armrest with height adjustment
  • Power windows with one-touch up/down operation and pinch protection
  • Decorative interior inlays 2
  • Sunroof
  • Dual front sun visors with lighted vanity mirrors
  • Three 12-volt power outlets
  • Eight beverage holders (four cup and four bottle)
  • Auto-dimming interior rear view mirror with digital compass
  • Front and rear footwell LED lighting
  • Ambient LED interior lighting
  • Trunk Storage Package (cargo tie-downs, right side net and grocery hooks)
  • Illuminated locking glove compartment
  • Aluminum door sill inlays
  • Front and rear floor mats
  • Leather-wrapped shift knob
Seating
  • Leather seating surfaces
  • Eight-way power front seats and four-way power lumbar adjustment for driver
  • Split folding 60/40 rear seatbacks
  • Heated front seats
  • Driver seat memory
Infotainment | Technology
  • MMI® navigation plus with voice control system 3
  • Audi connect® with six-month trial subscription 4
  • Bang & Olufsen® Sound System with 14 speakers and 505 watts
  • Color driver information system
  • HD Radio™ Technology
  • SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 90-day trial subscription 5
  • SiriusXM® Traffic with four-year subscription 5
  • Cruise control with coast, resume and accelerate features
  • Audi music interface with iPod® integration
  • BLUETOOTH® wireless technology preparation for mobile phone 6
  • BLUETOOTH® streaming audio 6
  • Garage door opener (HomeLink®)
  • Audi advanced key—keyless start, stop and entry 7
  • Dual SD card slots with 32GB operating capacity
  • Parking system with rear view camera
  • Audi side assist
  • Rain/light sensor for automatic windshield wipers and headlight

I was pretty shocked when I went to Audi literally right before I got my BMW. I walked in and told them the deal I wanted which was $2000 down $450 month and I didn't care if the car was manual and didn't care if it had navigation they told me they couldn't even come close. That's when I told the guy I was going to BMW next and he was like " well of course they are going to be able to do it, they are BMW". I have no idea why Audi couldn't get me into a 38000 A3 but BMW could get me into a 45000 328 Diesel.

the simple answer is resale value.

audis don't have any ,and require more on the lease than bmw

Why do I make a pretty solid income and yet anything more than $25k for a car sounds insane to me?

it's not all that crazy thinking....it's all relative.....Im sure Bill Gates doesn't share you opinion. But I bet your typical Obamacare enrollee would think the same.

It is insane, but I'm guilty of it. I just love cars...

I love cars too. I just don't have a passion for the newer stuff. Once I buy a house, my two garage cars will probably be a '69 Mustang and a '70 Camaro.

Reactions: tab
Back