New Wheel 2011 WRX!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i love the new wrxs, yours looks really nice....im starting to hate my s2000 choice.

lol yea I've already had my fair share of people trying too race just got my cf hood and sum odds and ends...

thought about some suspension mods?

the stock suspensions on these cars suck hardcore. its mostly the fault of the dampers.

i put on epic engineering springs and koni struts/shocks. car feels MUCH better than before. there is also an RCE/Bilstein setup that is a matched pair with stiffer rates than the epic springs. both are great setups IMO.

Epic/Koni:
pros -
cheap. (300 for springs, 560 for konis)
drops about an inch, perfect looks (IMO)
konis are rebound adjustable.
very smooth ride, great for a daily driver and some spirited driving.

cons-
fronts are inserts. requires cutting open the stock front struts to install. (not that hard to do)
rear top hat holes have to be enlarged. stock damper shaft is 10mm, konis are 12mm (not hard to do)
not a great option if you want to hardcore track, the springs arent really stiff enough (nor are they designed for) a competitive track car.

RCE/Bilstein:
Pros-
great performance. stiffer ride, but a matched spring damper set reduces harshness. its not going to be as "nice" for DD as the epic/koni
maintains good suspension geometry with minimal lowering
bilstein struts are straight replacement, no modification required for install

cons-
more expensive. about 1350 for the set.
bilsteins are not adjustable
some people may not think the car is lowered enough (usually subjective on aesthetics)
a bit harsher ride than koni/epic combo.

you cant go wrong with either, just depends on what you want. i would HIGHLY recommend replacing the stock stuff with either of these setups or you could use some different springs with konis. hell id even keep the stock springs with konis over the stock dampers. coilovers are also available in the 1000 dollar price range, but i would stay away from them if you DD in my opinion. they dont hold up as well in winters, and will likely give the harshest ride.

Last edited:
yeah im gonna wait on the reall big stuff just yet...just got the hood on and clear bumber guard tints and things nothing major...just yet...

Sweet car man,
Totally dig the color.
I drive a '10 WRX Sedan.
Its a fun car for the first few weeks, then it starts to feel like a corolla.
I couldn't handle driving a scooby & not having the runble.
Threew on a catback, AEM intake & Cobb Acessport & WHOA! ! ! !:)

I been thoroughly enjoying it since then.

I also agree with the suspension comments.
The WRX sedan has the whole nose dive thing going for it, which totally sucks.
Hard on the gas & the front picks up......Hard on the brake & she nose dives.
I never really got into changing my suspension tho cos of the crappy winter weather where i live.
With that said, I still managed to have loadsa fun @ the Local Autocross.

OH...& word of note....If you feel like throwing this baby sideways, it definitely has what it takes....once you add a few more ponies under the hpod :)

All in All, you're gona have yourself a blast in this car

Back