Nissan MAF sensors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Okay, some of you might not know, but I recently bought a '92 Infiniti Q45. I'm planning on doing a few things to it - just to add some looks and a little pep. Replace the rear resonator, lower it, new shocks...

So I'm cruising ebay today and I says to myself, "Hey - if people use the Q45 MAF on SR20s, wouldn't that mean that all the MAFs have common mating surfaces and just smaller bores?" So I found a 300ZX intake adapter and filter combo for like 20 bucks. I bought it and I should have it by the end of the week.

Can anyone confirm for me if an adapter for a 300ZX maf sensor will fit my Q45 maf sensor? I imagine it will but just checking if anyone knows for sure. If it doesn't fit, I have a friend with a 300ZX. :p

i think even the bores are the same, its the honeycomb inside that is a different size, and the number of "air holes"

i do know that 260z guys swap out their throttlebodies for 240sx ones, and 240sx guys swap for 300zx ones.

maybe 300zx guys swap q45 tbs? hmmm...

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 17 2005, 08:41 PM
i think even the bores are the same, its the honeycomb inside that is a different size, and the number of "air holes"

i do know that 260z guys swap out their throttlebodies for 240sx ones, and 240sx guys swap for 300zx ones.

maybe 300zx guys swap q45 tbs? hmmm...
[post=500720]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, you should see the TB on that damn motor. I think I could fit my hand through it.

Thanks for the help... I think... :)

if I remember correctly ALL of them are the same.. and the only upgrade is to go to the 300zxTT and vh45de?.... though I could be wrong about the second....

if you REALLY want to get big on it, mustang cobra maf... I think JWT still sells them

I don't really want to spend a lot of money on it - it's just my daily driver.

I know the MAF for the VH45DE is one of the biggest Nissan makes. That's why they use em on built SR20s.

wow, i didnt know you could use a q45 maf on a sr20de. I wish i would have known that before i replaced her old one with another sr20 maf.

the bigger the MAF isnt always the better, i learned that with my colt.

to even get the car to idle right with the 1.8 maf, i needed the 1.8 ecu and injectors and throttlebody.

nissan could be different, so dont take my word for it.

anyone got a 300zx tb they wanna get rid of? :)

Yeah. I love everything on the VH45DE... it's so damn big for an import engine. :lol:

Back