No more honda's ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My buddy has an A4 and its a piece of crap. Not to mention slow..

Audi's look great though.

what year a4? what motor?

Like i said earlier i loved my sisters audi. It wasnt fast by yalls standards im sure but it was quicker than my 325i and the Positrack was amazing

Thank you Ethan i am just trying to figure out the site and get used to where everything is placed

sh** dude could always walk down the street rap on my door... i could show ya the site lmao... as for Honda's... after 95ish they went to crap... basicly once obd2 ruined them or started it... I still have a 93 lude and 94 dx coupe outside both run amazing and people are like my hybrid gets 40mpg or 50mpg... i laph and say ya.. well my dx with a bad o2 sensor is getting about 43mpg and i don't lack alot of power lmao! NEW HONDA"S suck! PERIOD

Audis were so so for awhile, right up there with VW. For the most part they are not to shabby now.

what year a4? what motor?

Like i said earlier i loved my sisters audi. It wasnt fast by yalls standards im sure but it was quicker than my 325i and the Positrack was amazing
2004 1.8t. I had an 04 325i, that was a better car than the Audi.

And they don't have positrac dude. Lol

I think the 1.8t is a wash. BMW > > > > any 1.8t audi
the 3.0 and the new 3.2 on the other hand... I'd say would be a better match for going up VS the BMW for normal driving.

the 3.0 did fall flat after x many RPMs while the BMWs tend to pull harder to redline.

but yeah over all BMW > Audi.

Given the choice I'd still stick with Mercedes so I guess it doesn't matter :ph34r:

I used the wrong word I apologize. I'm talking about the electronic differential lock with its 4 wheel drive apparently its not an LSD. I never really looked into how the stuff worked until now.

but i was comparing a 1996 2.8 5speed quattro to a 93 325i 4 speed

I think the 1.8t is a wash. BMW > > > > any 1.8t audi
the 3.0 and the new 3.2 on the other hand... I'd say would be a better match for going up VS the BMW for normal driving.

the 3.0 did fall flat after x many RPMs while the BMWs tend to pull harder to redline.

but yeah over all BMW > Audi.

Given the choice I'd still stick with Mercedes so I guess it doesn't matter :ph34r:
I'll never buy a Mercedes again..

What year did you have? I wouldn't buy anything between late 90s and mid 2000s. they had a big span of total shit.

new stuff is pretty good stuff.

If it's the one in your sig then yes, I agree. You couldn't give it to me.

:concur:

and yeah i wouldnt really give a shit either way... honda hasnt put out anything ive been remotely interested in since model year 2000
(there were a few cars that ran past 2000... but no models or redesigns that have been new since 2000... they all suck)
this is the god damn truth..as ive been saying for damn near 3 years on this forum

What year did you have? I wouldn't buy anything between late 90s and mid 2000s. they had a big span of total shit.

new stuff is pretty good stuff.

If it's the one in your sig then yes, I agree. You couldn't give it to me.
Yes, the one in my sig.

What was wrong with those years of Mercedes Benz's?

They fail at car life.

They were just big pieces of chit. I have an 08 and love it to death but like I said before, you couldn't GIVE me a late 90s to mid 2000s Benz.

New ones are pretty damn solid cars.

What was wrong with those years of Mercedes Benz's?
Just to name a few of the issues I've personally had...

Crank Position Sensor dies around 100k miles, leaves you stranded. For some reason costs $100 and is a PITA to reach and change.
Fuses often blow. A/C fuse causes the entire gauge cluster to stop working. WTF?
Navigation sometimes is off by 2 miles to the west. WTF?
Left running light fuse blows, all trailer lights stop working.
Inside door skin keeps coming off
Plastic door pocket broke off
Electronic seat cable unplugs on its own sometimes and needs to be plugged back in
Keyless remote needs to be resynched about every other week.
Oil changes are very expensive, why does this engine need a 10qt oil capacity?

That is just off the top of my head.

Otherwise the engine has held together pretty well for 140k on the odometer.

Back