No or Little heat!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
Hey guys, been awhile Seance I was last on hope I post this in the right place. I replaced my Thermostat a while ago because I orginaly thought the it was broken and causeing my Nuke warm to Cold air coming from the heater vents. I still have little or no heat, if I drive the car at 5000 RPM's I get some warm air other wise the car gives me a big "F U your gunna freeze out of the vents"... I did a motor swap in a stock 94 DX Coupe and the motor that went in is the D15B V-Tec with the stock P06 DX brain. Some people have told me my heat is not working due to the brain, others cliam it mite be the heater core which I haven't a clue were its located... any help is nice, iowa is a bit nippy at -22 driving to work...

Thanks

Fitz

could also be the fact that there is no collant going into the heater core becasue the bypass valve is stuck or broken

When the car should be fully warmed what does the tempature gauge say? It should be just below half.

Disconnect the two hoses going to the heater core in the interior(in the engine bay on the firewall). Get a garden hose and stick it in the outlet to run the system backwards to blow the crap out.

I got tons of black crap coming out of mine when I did it. You should also flush out the old coolant and put new 50/50 mix in.

could also be the fact that there is no collant going into the heater core becasue the bypass valve is stuck or broken

Yea my valve linkage or whatever it is was broke. I just go out and adjust according to the temp. Mine was pretty much under the fuel filter on the passenger side firewall.

lol, I will check this out, the Rad is Brand new full size, so I know thats lagit, but as for flushing the system and the Valve, i'll check that out when its get a bit warmer out... Thanks

When the car should be fully warmed what does the tempature gauge say? It should be just below half.

Disconnect the two hoses going to the heater core in the interior(in the engine bay on the firewall). Get a garden hose and stick it in the outlet to run the system backwards to blow the crap out.

I got tons of black crap coming out of mine when I did it. You should also flush out the old coolant and put new 50/50 mix in.

Thanks much did this NO black crap, the over flow bottle was a plain mess from when we Blew up the D15B7 for fun, other then that it was ok, im checking on the linkage tomarrow, cause i can move it from hot to cold and no temp change at all in the air, think I broke someting EEK! Oh well

Hey guys, so after further review, I beleive it is the Valve, cause I don't think any coolant is getting to the Heater core because the pipes inside the car are practicly frozen well feel that way, and the valve is wide open at least it claims to be I beleive its broken? does this sound right? and if so how easy is it to replace it!

Back