non vtec to vtec conversion pt 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18b1_delsol

Okay so to continue from another thread that got out of hand....

So I am going from a obd1 non vtec motor to a obd2 vtec motor. The car is a 94 del sol si which org had a d16z6. Do I have to run a crank sensor since I will be converting to obd1 or can i just unbolt and discard it? I already have a dizzy harness that converts from odb2 dizzy to obd1 dizzy harness. Shouldn't I just be able to run a man made vtec sub harness to solve the vtec the situation or will that not work? Will someone just set me straight about this wiring situation? :ph34r::confused: Thanks

Gl man I dont know much about this but I do know that is forum has alot of talkers in it and if u dont ask the right thing theres alot of shit being throw around the posts..GL dood..Go to honda tech, they have minds there..Kov

you need an obd1-obd2 step down harness,and you can buy the dizzy harness if you not good at wiring,
newbs stay the fuck out of this thread if you do not have any ida of what your talking aboutt

Id call Rywire, like you were already told. They either have what you need, or will make what you need.

If Honda-tech is so great then GTFO Kovalski.

Kovalski

Ride: 1995 Honda Civic/coupe

vs

newb
^Just waitin :)

Ride: '98 Z28

wonder who will win this argument

OP, Im sorry for shittin in your thread, but at least you have answer to your question. If you dont wanna call em, you can find wirring diagrams and how tos online.

As far as Kovalski goes, if reading my bio and pointing out the obvious makes him feel that he "wins" Ill let him have that. Hes still a douche, as everyone can see, and the world would be a better place if he would drink a gallon bleach.

Hey I think I shot at you in the backwoods there in the hills or was that your wife, shit idk just saw a hairy fatass bitch running for his life..Get honda guy or get out!!FAG!!

Last edited:
Hey I think I shot at you in the backwoods there in the hills or was that your wife, shit idk just saw a hairy fatass bitch running for his life..Get honda guy or get out!!FAG!!

Watch me pick this apart....
1. Not married
2. Im about 5'10" and weigh 145, thats not fat
3. I drive a Z28, that means in factory trim Id rip Kovalski's car to pieces, with his mods.

Keep talkin, your lookin brighter and brighter with every word.

Ok than your a fag with a shit car..I WIN!!! and i would fuk u up buddy..6,4 225 your a migget to me kid..

Damn, I thought you were done talkin shit. Why dont you go hit another bowl you worthless piece of stoner shit.

Back