Now its my turn!! Yard Progress pics..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

Everybody else is whoring house and lawn pics, so now its my turn...

I guess i'll start with the driveway...

When we bought the place...
P1010462.jpg

After the first 7 yards of 3/4" crush....

Why spread it yourself by hand when your neighbor (Who is also your boss) has 2 kids & a Diesel Kubota with a Bucket Loader... :)
P1010693.jpg

P1010695.jpg

P1010699.jpg

After another 9 yards of crush...
P1010936.jpg

P1010944.jpg

P1010945.jpg

Driveway is pretty much done... Gonna get another 5 yards in a few weeks, and sweep it a little wider at the top, then put more solar lights in.

Now the Workshop...

When we moved in...
P1010597.jpg

P1010599.jpg

After many add ons, cleanups, and just doing lots of work...
P1010608.jpg

P1010941.jpg

P1010942.jpg

And now the ongoing project that will never finish... THE GRASS....
It was AWFUL when we moved in... The previous owners LOVED their gardens, but didn't really care about the grass...

(Note the lack of grass at top of driveway)
P1010697.jpg

P1010788.jpg

P1010790.jpg

P1010791.jpg

After what has to be thousands of gallons of water, lots of custom fertilizer (Chicken & Cow Shit mixed with soil), and some Scotts Pure Premium Sun & Shade mix, this is the result...

P1010937.jpg

P1010938.jpg

P1010939.jpg

The gardens that I am in the middle of tearing up (If anybody wants some of the best fertilizer that you CANT BUY, come take some!)
P1010940.jpg

My next goal... Green up the front yard... I mean its fairly green, but I just need to rip up and replant this one section...
P1010947.jpg

And the machine that helped make it that much easier...
P1010787.jpg

Time to go spread some Scotts Turf Builder tomorrow...

Your house is my dream house... Nice condition, just large enough to get by in a world where people are all living in palacial $2500 mortgage money pits.

Your neighbor, however, isn't too easy on the eyes.

-> S

be nice... thats the neighbors wife... Very nice woman...

And I don't see the point in buying a house that has a $2500 mortgage, and is usually on less than 1/2 acres of land... The house is so big you have an 8x8 backyard, and no front yard... But you can say "I have a bling house... But I can't afford to make it how I want it... because i pay too much a month for it" lol...

I love my house... In the country... Private Road... Well Water that will NEVER go dry (I'm 1000' away from a 7 mile lake and my well is over 200ft deep)... Subdivision lockout, so i'll always have woods on at least 2 sides of my house...

I can't wait to build the garage... Hopefully next year... 2, maybe 2 1/2 bay, pitched floors with drains in the middle, heated with a seperate zone off my oil hot water furnace... everything... Then the master suite above it...

T'aint no union shop, eh?

Nice place though. Your property/house is basically the same thing that me and my girl will be looking for in a few years.

Yeah... Its .75 acres right now...

My property actually goes into the woods in this pic about 50-60'..
P1010945.jpg

I wouldn't mind picking up another 1/4-1/2 acre behind me though... Push the backyard out a little bit.

try using straight Top Soil on the hard areas. It has the plant vitamins and it's also mixed so the birds don't eat it.

Looks Good... :thumbsup:

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jul 4 2005, 02:29 AM
try using straight Top Soil on the hard areas. It has the plant vitamins and it's also mixed so the birds don't eat it.

Looks Good... :thumbsup:
[post=520344]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats what my "fertilizer" is... Straight from the cow/chicken farm up the road... :) But now that the spots of the grass have built up, I need to put some turf builder over the top to really thicken it up.

Our soil up here is very high in clay content, which also makes it hard to grow grass... Not to mention the winters... Lets hope it lives through the winter... Which is why I want to get more grass down so it has at least 4-5 months to really dig its roots in.

Nice work! I should just pave my entire front and back yard... no need for grass maintenance, and I get more parking space :)

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 4 2005, 09:24 AM
Nice work! I should just pave my entire front and back yard... no need for grass maintenance, and I get more parking space :)
[post=520368]Quoted post[/post]​

Wasn't there just some story about some guy in Cali that did that? He cemented his entire front & back yards so he wouldn't have any grass... something like an acre of land...

I honestly love your spread. Definitely my style man.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jul 4 2005, 11:02 AM
Wasn't there just some story about some guy in Cali that did that? He cemented his entire front & back yards so he wouldn't have any grass... something like an acre of land...
[post=520399]Quoted post[/post]​

I've never heard it... but paving an entire acre is expensive.

your yard does look to be getting better! just be careful using the "fertilizer" you're using.. manure you buy goes through a ton of processes to remove all the harmful agents in it..

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jul 5 2005, 06:20 AM
your yard does look to be getting better! just be careful using the "fertilizer" you're using.. manure you buy goes through a ton of processes to remove all the harmful agents in it..
[post=520639]Quoted post[/post]​

And only works about 1/4 as good as the stuff i have. :huh: :blink:

I already know how harmful the stuff is... My failed well test before I bought the place proved that... LOL!

The previous owners had to put in a $2k filtration system before selling it to me, because they planted the gardens 5 feet from the well... So a few of the numbers were high on the test... But post filtration.... Shhiittt... You can't BUY cleaner water!

Back