its my turn to have my car stolen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We should set a trap for some thieves... then pounce on them and beat the shit out of them... and wear masks so we can video it. Vigilante justice!!!!!!! Rawr!

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 2 2003, 01:29 AM
Congrats on recovering your crx so soon. How much was the teg? Were you planning on buying it anyway (before the crx was stolen)?

i wasnt planning on getting the teg i got, but i was planning on getting a winter car so i could rebuild the rex.

i went to carmax yesterday. my mom felt sorry for my car getting stolen so she offered to get the car in her name and get everything financed as long as it was under like 8k and i have to pick up the payments as soon as i get everything worked out with getting a job and seeing what im gonna do with my old car. i picked the car i wanted, limited selection, and drove away with the car the same day. my parents have VERY good credit, so getting approved for the loan was not an issue. she could have paid it in full, cash, but my dad is all CIA about his bank account and since he is away hunting, he wouldnt give my mom the codes, lol, hes a control freak. the teg cost 7599, has beautiful glossy black paint, 91k, and every inch of this car is clean. but its an auto, and i really dont like autos that much. if anything happens in 30 days they will cover 100% parts and 100% labor. when they transferred the car from the dealer it was at, about an hour away from the dealer i went to, they told me that there was some bubling of the clear coat around the doors, i looked at it, barely noticeable, but im having them repaint the doors free of charge :) . so thats how i got the teg. but im having second thoughts now, and i might only keep it long enough to get the rex rebuilt, then once i rebuild it with an alarm and tracking system, i think ill get rid of the teg and start back where i left off on the rex.

I approve of getting a teg... but one with an auto tranny? What a change coming from a crx! Owning an auto tranny car would annoy and frustrate me to no end. Hopefully I will never own one.

i only got an auto, cause thats all they had for a good price. i mean they had a silver one and a red one, which both had less miles and were manual, but they were both over 10,000. the black one was the only one they had for a good price turned out to be auto. i dont mind it being auto that much, but i agree, a manual is much more fun. the only thing that annoys me is that its pretty slow, and the gas pedal is really hard. i mean you really have to put some force into it to put it to the floor. oh well...

yea i got the most important thing back (the engine). i still cant be positive though since its only word of mouth from the cop at the impound. he said he popped the hood and said the engine was there so i wont be sure til i get it back.

but i did have some "valuables" in the car that the homeowners insurance will cover :D . lets see what all was in the car again? oh yea, i had clothes, a leather jacket, a whole set of tools, all my school books, and im sure my laptop was in there too :)

should fetch over 1000 :ph34r:

ok, ok a $500 gucci watch, and a Brand New set of TEIN basic dampers. thats a good $1250

i know, the airlines lost a bag of my sisters crap and the most they rould refund is $1500. How much did she claim ....... $400.

How much would any person here claim.......exactly $1500 :D

yea, they wont refund on car parts though, just personal belongings that were in the car. and shit if i can get the 1500, that would still be nice.

getting the car towed back to my house today, ill get a full list of what is damaged/stolen. i hope its rebuildable :(

Glad to hear you have your pride n' joy back man. I have access to a CRX if you want me to get parts let me know.

i just looed at my car, and its not as bad as i thought.

DAMAGE REPORT :

ignition key cyliner is broken and fucked
some interior is broken but for the most part all still intact
wheels are gone
rear hatch is gone
tailights are gone
whole system including sub, both head units, amp, amp rack, and all speakers are gone
rear bumper and sideskirt are gone, tried to get the front bumper, but were unsucessful so they fucked it up
front corner lights are gone
distributor and plug wires are gone
intake is gone
everything is thrown around on the inside and looks like shit

PROS :)

headlights are still there
body doesnt look any worse then when they took it
most if not all interior is there and intact and nothin big was damaged
engine is still there :eek:
nothin looks damaged in engine bay except the cut wires for the distributor
all suspension components are there including jimfab bar and intact
all brake components are there and intact
exhaust is still there
no windows are broken/cracked/missing and all intact (except the rear window which was stolen with the hatch)

that is all. i think its more then rebuildable. im glad i got it back.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 5 2003, 11:40 AM
have you tried starting it yet?????

i imagine it would be kinda hard missing a distributor and all :p

Back