o2 sensor question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda18

Ok well I have a 97 civic hx Obd2 I am putting in a b18b1 from a 97 integra LS Obd2.
The problem is that the harness in my civic right now has a 5wire o2 sensor plug but the b18 o2 sensor has a 4 wire setup.
Can I use my harness with a civic 5 wire o2 in the integra exhaust or will it not work?

Same thing as a VX swap, they have wideband o2s. If you are changing ECU (which I would hope) you'll need to rewire for a four wire, usually just moving the 12v. I don't have the manuals for OBD II, so I'm not going to guess, but there is a basic how to in teh articles that can guide you in teh process.

oh yea, wrong forum y0.

Esay one i did the same swap but mines a 96 civic lx with a b18b1. The esiast way is to get a ex harness and wire in the secondary o2 and wire in the evap emmision bypass selionoid and the fuel tank pressure sensor there connected together on the gas tank. Byeing a ex harness will make things alot simpler for you trust me. Its basicaly a plug and play affair after you wire in the second o2 and the emmisions stuff. I got my harness for 125 from the junkyard every thing pluged up right. just had to langthen a few wires but thats not that bad to do. if you need more info im here to help. youll need a 96-98 ex harness though 99-00 wont work.

ya boy steveo

Soooo...you're saying it's easier to replace a whole OBD II harness than move a few wires? I don't think so.

Your right on that but he can do ethier or dosent matter its up to him what he want to do. I didnt notice that he has a hx civic there basicly the same as the ex just some plugs are diffrent. He can go to a honda junk yard and pick up the wires from a civic ex and change them out with his and make this a heck of alot esier. Dont get fussy with me im just tryin to help him out I did the same swap on my civic so i know what im talkin about. Its really up to him how much work he want to do he can ether move the wires or replace them etheir or will work for him.

ya boy steveo

Two of my own (one of which involved this very wiring issue), and helped on a couple others, on top of researching through the six or so Honda manuals I have, and consulting with others that have done just about every swap you can think of, just for the record.

There is nothing remotely easier about swapping a 6th gen harness (or any complete harness) compared to moving a couple wires, nothing. I have yet to get "fussy".

well a honda shop tried telling me that I could use my HX harness and HX Sensor(I would just leave it 5 wire)?
they told me just take the sensors out of the HX manifold and put them in the integras header.
I am not sure though.....

the only way that will work would be if you kept the hx ecu... which will run the ls motor like shit.

do what b16vx said... replacing the whole harness is a waste of time and money.

Well I have the four wire plug and O2 sensor, so I should probably by pass the harness and just wire it in myself right?
Unless there is an easier way, plus anyone who has a diagram of the pins would be greatly helpful.

Back